Victory

'It's about that time....'

Wiping some sweat off his face, Y/N foresaw the future events to come. Less than 20 mins left on the clock, Team V would move more desperately to score a goal. At the very least, they would go for a tie game rather than a complete loss.

Funny thing is....neither team was at risk of anything should they lose. They were already undefeated in previous matches and were the top two in scores per game as well. Despite this, neither Team Z or V wanted to lose this match. Whether it be their desire to win or the disappointment they would feel in losing with a Miracle on their team, only Ego knew the true answer.

'Valt or Nagi. The octopus and four-eyes are definitely skilled, but those two are a step or two above the rest. One of them will score if I can't stop them....'

Valt's burst power and Nagi's unstoppable trapping....Powerful in their own rights, their combined effort would be too much for Y/N to handle as he was no-

'Combine....Could I even...Yeah, I could, couldn't I?'

-RESTART-

"Valt!"

"Count on it!"

Nagi's beginning pass went straight to Valt's side of the field, who sped forward with the ball in possession. Increasing his speed to the max in an instant, he planned to blitz passed Team Z's defenses in one go.

In his way though, appeared Kunigami and Raichi, both determined to block Valt's path. They put more defense on Valt's side of the field just to counter him. Skimming through his options, there wasn't enough room to speed through the middle and Y/N was close enough to get to him if he dashed to the side, so there was no other choice here except to...

"Zantetsu!"

"Understood."

Receiving the rough pass, Zantetsu began his advance. With less defense on his side, he was able to get pretty far before Chigiri began to catch up with him. This didn't surprise him though. He knew full well that he wouldn't be the one scoring this goal.

"Sorry, Missy. You got the wrong one."

Forfeiting his chance to score, Zantetsu passed it to Reo just as Chirigi slid past him, affecting the pass just a little.

"Yosh! Nicked it, Slowpoke!"

Instead of a straight pass, it was now more rough than anything. Nonetheless, Reo was able to trap it well and take his shot at the goal. It didn't matter how it was done, they just needed that one point to begin their comeback.

"Ow!"

Jumping in front of the ball, Igarashi blocked it with his face.

"You little!"

All was not loss yet though. Luck had it out for Team V, making the ball rebound to Y/N's and Nagi position. As it did, both of their minds went blank. Each relying on their body alone to take possession. The flow of this match would be determined with the next goal.

"Here..."

Sticking his foot out, the moment Nagi felt the ball make contact, he slammed his foot down to forcefully spin the ball above him. Without looking he could almost feel exactly where the ball was and his body moved instinctively once more....to meet nothing.