Challenging The World

(AU: I'm sorry! I just can't stop updating this book. It's just too much fun!)

-Fourth Stage Clear Corridor-

-Tap-

-Tap-

With the their fifth teammate obtained, Y/N's team made their way through the winning exit. Nagi's soft voice echoing down the hallway, "I didn't think you would do that, Y/N..."

Y/N glanced at Nagi confused. "What are you talking about?"

"You and Bachira. You guys were friends, right? I thought for sure you would pick him before anyone else. Kind of harsh, don't you think?" Even though he said this, Nagi honestly didn't mind Y/N's choice. Just curious since he would've chosen Reo in that scenario.

'Harsh? You're one to talk..'

Dismissing the retort, Y/N thought for a moment before answering. "Hmm. I guess...it's because he didn't go past my expectations..." It's not like he hated the guy or anything. Bachira was genuinely a fun person to be around.

Kurona snarkily remarked. "Your higher-than-a-kite expectations?"

Deadpanning, Y/N's reply came quick. "I have no idea what you're talking about. I can't explain well why I chose Barou over Bachira. It was just feeling at the end of the day. Could've been Bachira on a different one." Looking at Barou for brief moment, Y/N added, "Be grateful that you got the leftover scraps..."

If steam could come out of Barou's ears. It surely would've. "You damn..."

Shidou's arm was quick to wrap around Barou's neck making the brute even angrier. "Cool down, Junior. It's your fault for losing to us. Take it like a man."

A light bulb lit in Kurona's head. "Speaking of that, since you're last, I'm your senpai. Nice to meet you." Extending his hand out, it was immediately slapped away.

"Like hell you are!" Barou growled at him.

"Wait..." Putting two and two together, Nagi pointed at himself. "...that makes me your Senpai too, doesn't it, Scrap King?"

"I'll kill you..." He didn't get the chance to act though. As they reached the final door, a speaker above them turned on, causing them to look up...

{Well, well, my unpolished gems.} The speaker announced with Ego's voice. {First off...Congratulations on clearing the Second Selection.} The door before them slid. {Go on and pass those doors. As a reward for clearing the stage first...I'll share with you the secrets of your "Super Goals".}

Doing as he told, they walked into the new room with large screens on each wall, all of them showing Ego.

"Think back...You've made "1" from "0", increased the repeatability of your goals, and learned to wield your own weapons and formulas. You could say everything you've learned in Blue Lock, was for the purpose of increasing the rate of inevitability of your goals. But...there's a moment when you broke out of your shells, a moment in which you put everything in a play. To put it simply, that's "Flow"."

Nagi, Barou, Kurona, and Shidou were able to visualize such moments. Hell, they all did so in the last match. All of them except...Y/N. He couldn't remember a single time he put his all into a play. Maybe that pass to Shido counted or maybe his two-on-one matchup with Free and Shu could be considered one, but for some reason...it didn't in his opinion.

"That's all you'll get for now. You'll learn more later. And with that, your Second Selection is over. Exploit, and be exploited. Use, and be used. You should now understand the principles behind sparking a chemical reaction. Next, is the third selection. As I've told you before, you'll enter a training camp with several world-class players. First off, in 24 hours..."