Changing Tides

"I don't believe!! Almost 30 mins into the first half, Blue Lock takes a 2-point lead!! U-20 has yet to score a goal yet!! Who could've seen this coming!?" Following after Tereasa's announcement, the crowd rid themselves of their shock, and cheers roared across the stadium. 

Well prepared this time, Y/N dodged the volley of hugs that came from Nagi, Isagi, and Valt. Each of the fell on the ground with hurt puppy expressions staring into his soul. "I told you to stop doing that shit."

Looking at both the scoreboard and time remaining, he decided, "We're almost through the first half, let's get one more point to close it off."

"I'll get it, then..." Isagi remarked, confident in taking the third goal.

Nagi didn't like that idea though. Wanting the goal for himself. "Eh~I'll take it." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Blue Lock..." Miroku muttered while looking at the team of teenagers. They were a different level from what he imagined. 

"Crap..." Neru cursed? Is that even a curse...

"God dammit..." Kazuma managed to get out through gritted teeth. 

"Sorry, everyone." Aiku walked over to his team while holding a hand in apology. "He got past me again."

"Aiku...We can't really complain if even you couldn't stop him. None of would've done any better." How the hell would anyone expect a rising back kick like that, no one just does that out of nowhere!

"Yeah." Aiku smiled grimly. "I should've known their forward would be like this if Sae of all people wanted to play against him..." Honestly, that fact alone raised red flags in his head, but he dismissed them not long after. How idiotic...

"He's an actual striker. What did you idiots expect?" Sae commented as he stood there with no sign of exhaustion on him. "Comparing him to your shitty ass striker is pitiful."

"F-Fuck off!" Sendo Shuto U-20's FW stuttered out. "You lost possession to him, didn't you!? This is your damn fault then!"

"Yeah, I did. And you guys should've picked up the slack by stopping the others. If we lose this match, the members of the U-20 will have their positions hijacked by Blue Lock, right?" "Well, not that I care."

"We won't let it end like this." U-20 FW Chou Kento stated while cracking his knuckles.

Tightening his hair bun, another U-20 FW, Kitsunezato Teru added in," Use me, Sae-Kun."

"Can I move more forward, then?" U-20 DMF Hayate Haru suggested.

"Yeah, let's close the gap before halftime." U-20 DMF Wakatsuki Itsuki urged his teammates. 

"Hmph. So you're finally feeling the pressure, you damn pushovers." It took them long enough to realize their predicament. 

"Let's go you guys." A proud smirk on while looking at his team. "Think of these last 20 mins in the first half...as though they're all we've got left."

"About 20 minutes left in the first half! Will Blue Lock be able to stave off U-20's offense and close the first half in the lead!?"

-RESTART-

In the starting kick, it didn't take a genius to notice U-20 raising their numbers in the front. With Itoshi Sae at their center, they pushed forward while trading short passes. This change in formation was due to their desperation. They had to score two times within the next 20 minutes to even things out. 

Not only that, Sae took a different approach by avoiding confrontation with Y/N. Kicking a quick ball to Teru, the animal looking player trapped it with chest. "Hup!" Getting in the animal player's way was Bachira.

"Come at me, Fox-face. Bark Bark."

"You got it. Buzz Buzz back atcha."