Extra: Meetings

(A Few Days Later)

-Blue Lock Special Conference Room-

"The point of this was to have them experience the world at this sensitive period in their development." Ego sat with his legs crossed over each other as he spoke to the funding men for Blue Lock. "Y/N manage to exceed the overall expectations for this stage, that should be more than enough for your results."

Hirotoshi Buratsuta

Japan Football Association President

"Yes. The "Blue Lock Project" has shown something quite promising..." The fat-ass then smiled maniacally. "...but we don't need it anymore, do we?" They'd wasted so much money on this project and it wasn't even halfway done yet!

Without moving a muscle, Ego glared at the greedy man. "If he's already at this level, there's no longer a need for the others, right? Congratulations, the "Blue Lock Project" was a complete success. Be proud, Ego-Kun. Y/N L/N will be the next headliner as Japan's "Revolutionary Striker"!"

"Itoshi Sae." Buratsuta's eyes dropped at the name. "He's just one of the many geniuses you money grubbers snuffed out by placing them in a role they're not ready for. Y/N's a special case and needs to be treated as such. His growth can only be attributed to the environment he was in, Blue Lock. We're still in the first phase, locking off him or his competition now will have disastrous consequences..."

Not only for Blue Lock, but they would also have to deal with the parent's complaints. Concluding the project this early benefits no one and Buratsuta couldn't deny that fact. Even so, he wanted to get his hands on Y/N as quick as possible.

Putting a finger to his chin like he was in thought, Buratsuta then restated, "So you're saying there's still a chance of someone rivaling Y/N's talent..." Ego didn't confirm or deny his accusation. "Well then...Are you willing to bet on that, Ego-Kun?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Blue Lock Five-Man Room-

After the match against the world-selected players, the Blue Lock strikers were subjected to a long study session in understanding English. Knowing he would be asked questions due to his higher level of comprehension in this field, Y/N plugged earbuds in, letting them fend for themselves on this matter.

Unbeknownst to them though, he wasn't paying attention to the noise in his ears either. The feelings he'd experienced in the most difficult match of soccer ever for him...he didn't know where they came from.

'Why...did I try so hard back there? It's not like losing meant being kicked out and going so far took too much damn effort. I know I wanted to shove that sadistic asshole's words back where they came from, but winning wasn't really necessary for that was it? Conceding three goals to newbie's (at least for them) should've been enough...'