Talent

A/U: Just a reminder, Kurona and Aiga switched places.

Loki's teammates had bewildered expressions on after Y/N's retort. At first dismissing it as some trash talk, further confusion hit them when their ace did nothing to deny Y/N's statement, only smirking with amusement.

"Before we start, put these on..." Walking up to each of the nine Blue Lockers, Loki handed them black ear pieces. "It's a micro interpreter. It might not sound the exactly the same, but it's fine as long as you can understand." Midway through his sentence the others could finally understand what he was saying.

Y/N and Rin really didn't feel the need to put it on though. They could understand English well enough and understanding their opponent's words wasn't exactly on their priority list

"With that out of the way, it's nice to see you guys again. Just to reiterate, I'm the Master for PXG, Julian Loki. I'll be your guide for the next few weeks in preparation for the U-20 World Cup."

While Rin glared at the polite striker, Y/N had a few suspicions with his true rival's appearance. This was now the second time Ego invited Loki to participate in the Blue Lock Project. Was it due to his age? Or was he one of the few that would accept?

"It seems you all have gotten pretty confident with your current skills, right? It's a given considering how far you've all come." Loki's praise brought out uncontrollable smirks from most of the Blue Lockers. "That being said..."

"...how much have you guys actually grown? Can you answer for that yourselves? Can you confidently say the "you" of today is stronger than the "you" yesterday?"

"Is that even a question?" Rin asked back. More than confident he could kill his former self a hundred times over.

"Yep." Y/N answered casually. If he didn't know for sure, Y/N would still say he could kick his past self's ass.

"Pfft!" Kurona and Shidou tried their hardest to hold it in. In the end, it came out anyways.

Of course, Loki expected him to reply with that. "Then, let me ask another question. How far is the gap between the two versions of yourself?" By the looks on their faces, a bit more serious than before, he could tell his point got through. "If there is a difference, it's minuscule compared to previous growths, am I right?"

Thoughts of his progression since the World 5 match roamed in his head. Loki's words held truths Y/N didn't expect. Other than his physical stats increasing slightly, his overall skill hadn't increased much.

"I know...it happens. You won't be able to notice it until you look at things from a different perspective." Pointing to the temple of his noggin, he added. "Each of you has a "talent", something you can proudly say, "I'm the best." That's why you're here, because of that fact."

"Maybe you were born with it or maybe you obtained randomly in your life. In either circumstance, that "talent" has or is about to run it's course. It's reached the limit it can take you and now...you'll have to steer the wheel from this point onwards."

"Physicality. Off the ball movement. Dribbling. Passing. Shooting. Everything aspect of your play style should exist to compliment your respective "talents". Push them to the limit, to the point no one else would be able to replicate. That's how you'll survive in this world, Blue Lock." Loki finished, satisfied with the view of the Blue Locker's determined faces.

Karasu grinned with anticipation. "So that's the punchline, huh...Nice."

"Yes...the punchline." Zantetsu repeated while pushing up his glasses.

"SHA! I'm ready!"

"Go time. Go time."

"Working towards the biggest "explosion"~I can't wait~"