Extra: Game Plan

-U-20 Training Camp-

"Okay! The match is in two weeks!" The coach for the Japan U-20 Team, Houichi Yasumori, announced to the room full of his played. "You are all the members of the U-20 National Team, the ones chosen for the sake of victory! And the long-awaited new addition to our team, Itoshi Sae!"

The New-Gen 11 player looked as uninterested as usual as he stood up front with eyes full of awe on him.

"Holy crap, it's the real thing."

"So cool! We really get to play with him!"

One who didn't share the same view as everyone else, leaned all the way back in his chair with a nonchalant expression. "You think?" He asked his teammates. "He just looks like a spoiled little prince to me."

"He can you hear you, man." Someone next to him warned.

"And who's that guy?" Another random asked the nonchalant one, pointing at Y/N in the back of the room who had air-pods in both ears while he seemed to be texting someone. "Dunno. Sae's tag-along, I guess."

The coach cleared his throat for the chatter to stop so he could continue. "As you know, your opponent will be Team Blue Lock! You must maintain the dignity of the U-20! Defeat is entirely out of the question here!" He then gestured to Sae as he asked him, "Sae-kun! Any fighting words for the team!"

"Uhh..." The young prodigy thought for a moment before finding the perfect choice of words. "Be thankful that you get to play football with me." His cocky response made the coach sweat and drew some glares from his audience. "I don't have the slightest interest in any of you, and since you'll never have a chance like this again...do your best not to piss me off. That's it."

A hand slammed onto one of the tables as soon as Sae finished, quieting the room and focusing everyone's, aside from Y/N's, attention there, onto Sendo Shuto. "Get off your damn high horse, Genius. You might be a bit famous around the world, but you're just a second-division player in the end, aren't you? I'm a regular forward in the best team in Japan. So watch your damn mouth. Because right now, I'm above you."

"What about it?" Sae retorted calmly. "You'll compete to be the top scorer in the nation, get in the national team, get an annual salary of 50 million, marry a gravure idol, and then live a happy life. That'd be the peak of your football life. My singular is in becoming the best in the world. There is a fundamentally different depth to our greed."

Sendou now sported a blush, liking everything Sae had listed off for his future. "Just now, you thought everything I listed didn't sound so bad, right? That's how you know that you'll never be the best in the world, not like that one right there. Now piss off."

"Of course, I can become-"

"Ok..." Y/N interrupted, sighing as he took out one of his air-pods. "Quick to anger, overly confident, a very, very bland future, and a particularly strong belief in position hierarchy. All that spells a guy that can't satisfy anyone's desires for him, let alone women. Those guys in Blue Lock were far more interesting than you."

Sae chuckled lightly, unnoticeable to anyone as he looked to the side. Sendou balled up his fist and glared at Y/N with a growing hatred. "Kh...Itoshi Sae aside, a nobody from who-knows-where like you, does not get to talk to me like that!"