Miracle Above All

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"At long last...!! The final match of the Neo Egoist League has come to a spectacular end!!! After long exchange of brilliant tackles and saves, the winner of the match is none other than P.X.G!!! And the one to become the hero of the match is Blue Lock's reigning #1 player, Y/N L/N!!!

The announcer's elevated excitement was shared across the world as football fans screamed at the action-packed display. What Ego had promised them, a show that would bring a hero to the football world wasn't a lie! The one standing atop the mountain at the end...the one that overcame the final wall in his way...the hero of Japan had arrived!

"Fuck yeah!!" Shidou shouted, pouncing on Y/N's back with a elated smile on his tanned face. This action was copied by the resident shark-boy and Nanase, piling even more weight on top of Y/N's back and causing him to fall. 

"You stole the whole damn shown, Y/N! You couldn't save a slice for me!?" Shidou complained playfully.

"You're the one that fucked up the chances I gave you!" Y/N retorted back, pushing the trio off him and rising to his knees. "Blame Jig-sagi for it, too. He was the one stalking you for the whole damn match..."

Speaking of the raven-haired striker...

After releasing a bloodcurdling scream in defeat, he pounded his fists onto the ground with more frustration then he'd ever felt in his whole life

After releasing a bloodcurdling scream in defeat, he pounded his fists onto the ground with more frustration then he'd ever felt in his whole life. More than when he passed to his teammate right in front of the goal before starting his Blue Lock journey. Despite the negative emotions running through him, he was doing better than most of his teammates.

Aiga's eyes lost the spark and was merely looking at the ground in a daze. Tokimitsu was mumbling to himself while biting at his nails. Kaiser was gripping at his hair tightly while sitting on the ground not too far away from Isagi. And Rin, even though he was on the winning side, was just as angry as the losers. Actually, he seemed ever more angry than before...

'Why...? Why...!? Where did I go wrong!? Kaiser...Noa...both of them were helping and yet...it still wasn't enough to stop this monster! Snuffy...even he was using his team to break through our defenses, but Y/N did it all on his own! There's no way...right? His football IQ is on the same...no...it's on a higher level than Snuffy's!?'

"Ego...you've truly created a monster." Noa stated to himself. His heart rate was the highest it'd been since coming to Blue Lock and it was due to Ego's #1 creation. "'The only one that can beat me is me.' An exception ideal. I look forward to our next encounter, Y/N." With that, Noa walked off the field.

"So that's how it is, huh?" Loki asked Y/N, getting the younger striker's attention. "You rise to the top and I become a fleeting memory for you, right?" The smile on his face didn't match the veins showing on his hand from the tight clenching.