Extra: Aftermath x New Beginning

-In Blue Lock's Locker Room-

A few minutes had passed since the final goal of the life-or-death was scored and their fates were decided. Excluding Y/N and Shidou, the rest of the participants were either sitting with the heads down or venting their frustration on anything near them. Specifically...

"AAAAAGH!! Shit! Shit! Shit! SHIT!!" Raichi repeated with fury, pounding his bloody fist against the wall. The sound starting to become squishy, Tokimitsu rushed to hold him back, less he permanently damage his hand.

"If I'd scored when I had the chance..." Yukimiya lamented, both hands buried deep into his curly hair.

"The result probably wouldn't have changed much anyhow. Don't beat yourself up over it." Hiori advised, downtrodden by the loss, but had to admit...it certainly was a fun experience.

"He's right." Karasu declared for everyone's ears. "We all knew the stakes after making it this far and the plays we achieved out there, were the best they could've been. You can't fault anyone for giving it more than 100%. It just wasn't enough. That's all." His calm-headed reasoning left no room for any further complaints, even from Raichi.

"Fuck that."  Aside from one person that is...

Face scrunched like an angry lion, his unbridled fury after silently taking in everything that's occurred now released,  "Lousy ass strikers. If I'd been out there, it wouldn't have ended like this. Couldn't even handle one fucking nuisance. And you..." Now directing his attention towards a very quiet and depressed Isagi, he stomped up to him. "...you're the most pathetic of all. How fucking dare you botch that easy shot! Should've just dropped out in the first selection with the rest of those nobodies! All that talk and you couldn't back it up in the end!? What's your excuse, donkey!?"

"........." 

Isagi didn't have anything to say against Barou's biased onslaught. It was no way due to Barou himself, but the deep inner turmoil going on within. Before coming to Blue Lock, he lost the perfect opportunity to make it to the nationals by passing in front of the goal. And like clockwork, the same thing had happened all over again, except he did, in fact, take his shot. The goal was right there...shooting was his only option, right? Or...could he have passed it to Nagi instead? Would he have scored? Would that have solved everything? To all these questions, Isagi only had one response.

"I...I...."

"I don't know

"I don't know." Isagi finally admitted. This broken and weak version of Isagi being an unfamiliar sight for all those in the room, quieting Barou's rage for a moment. "I couldn't win...again. I can't..."

"Don't, Isagi." Stopping the mentally shattered male before he could finish, the room's attention was directed towards the speaker, Nagi Seishiro, who now had bandages wrapped around his forehead. "It's not that a big deal. You lost one battle...doesn't mean you lost the war. Stopping now is exactly what Y/N wants you to do, that's how he wins. Don't give him that satisfaction." It didn't erase the feeling eating at his heart, but it did help Isagi think a little more properly.