The Sniper

As Y/N glared down at the kneeling forms of both Chris Prince and Lui, the world was going absolutely crazy by his goal.  An unstoppable duo performance between him and Godspeed Loki, even stronger than the one shown by Reo and Nagi right before.

"Wh-Wh-What have we just witnessed, Ladies and Gentlemen!?!? I'm stumped!! It was too fast! Impossibly fast! Y/N's finishing goal ended the game before anyone had a chance to realized!! A killer shot!!"

"What the hell was that, Y/N!?" Shidou sprinted over to Y/N and pushed himself atop the shorter boy's shoulders. "You were hiding something like that all along!?"

Letting the act go unpunished, Y/N answered nonchalantly, "Not really hiding it...just chose not to use it."

"For dramatic effect, right?" Kurona questioned with a blank stare.  To this, Y/N's pupils slowly moved to look elsewhere. "....No." The two weren't convinced at all.

At the same time, Rin seemed lost while staring at the focus of everyone's attention. 'You're telling me all those times...' Rin was reminded of the various times Y/N chose to pass to someone else rather than keep the ball or shoot. The feeling that came from it...was it foreshadowing the danger of this?

Veins started show on his hands as he clenched them tightly, and he bit his bottom lip hard enough to draw some blood. The words from his older brother began to echo in his head. The ones that drove him to surpass himself over and over for the last few weeks"Goddammit..."

"Y/N L/N..." Chris muttered threateningly, getting a tired glance from Y/N. He already knew what the striker wanted as he stood straight up.

 He already knew what the striker wanted as he stood straight up

"You better be at the next World Cup." Half infuriated by Y/N taking his spotlight and half excited at the idea of facing such a worthy opponent, his ego began to manifest itself.

"Ok." Y/N's flat answer caused Chris to freeze before adopting a hurt puppy looking and sadly walking away.

'Obviously I'm going to be there, that's the whole point to this selection, idiot.'

"Nice finish." A hand slapped onto his shoulder. The gentle tone told him exactly who it was. "It got a bit dicey at the end, but I'm glad you were able to pull through."

"So there was doubt, huh. I don't know whether to be offended or concerned by your lack of faith."

Loki chuckled before responded. "How about neither. It was reasonable doubt. A counterattack at that point would've been trouble, especially with your...shenanigans."

Y/N raised an eyebrow at the phrasing and inquired, "We still won at the end, so it doesn't matter, does it..."

"No, I guess not."

-DING-

The noise drew everyone's attention to the big screen previously displaying the scores. It shifted to show the bids for Blue Lock's top 20 players. Most of their numbers would being calculated as they awaited the results. And a moment later, the results came...