Extra: The End

A/U: Phew~ 5K finale for ya! I deliberated for a while on the ending and came to this one being the most fitting. 

Blue Lock  | Japan U-20

5 - 5

RESTART!!!

Much to Gagamaru's relief, Y/N passed the ball to Sae as normally intended for the round's start. With that, burst forward Y/N and Shidou immediately followed to mark him. Isagi didn't buy this for a second though.

'Nothing's changed? No...there must be another variable to their combo now! The way this game has been ramping up, something should've chang-'

His thoughts seemed to fester to life as Sae, normally advancing slow to give Y/N distance, rushed through Nagi's in a burst of speed he hadn't shown the entire match. Alerted, Isagi moved to stop him with Yukimiya coming in from the left to assist. Sae didn't slow down even with two defenders on him, sliding the ball towards Yukimiya first before swiftly sending it between Isagi's legs and darting past the stunned player.

'A two-step nutmeg!? And what's with that change of pace!? Is he just now taking us seriously!?'

Hiori and Karasu tried their luck next, pressing him from both sides again. This time, Sae faked cut in Hiori's direction, turning the action into a roulette through the gap it created between them. "Damn it! Team up and stop him!" Reo shouted at his team, already having his hands full with Y/N.

And speaking of the U-20 forward, his inhuman reaction speed gave Shidou an unbearable headache in keeping up with him. The minute Shidou's attention went to Sae, Y/N maneuvered around his back just as the tanned player's eyes would've came back to him. Noticing too late that Y/N was free, Sae instantly moved to pass to him...

Fortunately for Blue Lock's back-line, he was forced to stop and slide the ball behind him due Rin almost stealing the ball. Now face-to-face with his younger brother, he noticed how feral he looked now with his tongue hanging out of his face.

"So...you could still make that face after all. How many times is it going to take before you realize how worthless you are?"

Forgoing any trivial banter with his blood, Rin charged at Sae, hell bent on taking what was his. As it was just another 1-on-1 against Rin, Y/N thought the older sibling shouldn't have that much trouble in getting past him. This thought slowly changed as Rin kept up with Sae despite the latter's attempts to shake him off.

"Tch. Annoyances..."

With Sae and Rin, the older Itoshi held his opponent back while dragging the ball behind him before flicking the ball over both of them. Thinking this would be enough, Sae's brows dropped with irritation as Rin turned around in time to clash shoulders with him. As they chased after the ball, it was suddenly launched away with a new arrival's intervention.

"We don't have time for your sibling fight! Save it until we win!" Isagi berated Rin, finding the perfect time to cut their match up short.

"Nice, Isagi! Get the second Ball!" Karasu ordered, wanting to seize this chance for a counter-attack.

Syncing up with Isagi's tackle, Hiori was already near the loose ball's drop point. As it came down though, a figure suddenly overshadowed him, blocking his view of the ball. "Rushing to your defeat, huh. Fine by me, idiot."