World Class Finale

"Fuck yes!" Y/N shouted as he high-fived Kurona and Nagi.

"Now that we've caught up, it's time for the climax, right?" Nagi asked. The energy he presented was really resembling a child at the candy store.

Flipping his freakishly long hair behind him, Aryu commented, "Like it stylishly or not, whoever scores next will emerge the victor. To reach this point against players of this level...it's almost too surreal."

"Except, we're in the worst case scenario being on the back end now. No doubt they will come at with more ferocity than the other rounds. If even one of them breaks through, it's over." Kiyora reminded them.

"Defense. Defense." Kurona suggested.

"Defense won't do shit against them, especially with you guys." Y/N immediately corrected, not meaning to trash talk in the process. "That's too tall a order, so instead...just be a nuisance. Limiting their options will delay them by a second or two, more than enough time for a game changer."

"And then we win?" Nagi tried to confirm.

"And then we win."

On the other side of the field, Luna clenched the ball in his hands while Y/N's image reflected in his eyes. He wasn't expecting the first team from Blue Lock to last this long against them. Hell, it wasn't even the team bringing the trouble, just one wretched, impudent piece of shit. And that thought alone caused him to spit venomously, "Goddammit."

"Hey! What the hell kind of pass was that!?" Silva raged in a mostly joking manner.

"Yeah, you normally don't see stuff like that. In theory, it's possible for anyone to do it, but it's entirely impractical. The control and accuracy needed to pull it off is near perfect. Kudos to him for succeeding, while under pressure at that." Pablo explained.

"From start to finish, that was a superb play. Drawing himself to outside of the field, he took the attention off him with a pass to the other, staying in our blind-spots in the same move. From there, his team's own skill allowed them to string together a combo to further take pressure off him. As soon as we were invested in the others, he struck." Adam hummed approvingly from Loki's diagnosis of the play.

"Letting his team do all the leg work and taking the goal for himself. A greedy little bastard, isn't he?" Loki, Silva, and Pablo gave him a look, hoping he wasn't being serious.

"You're one to talk ya junkie!" Silva retorted.

Sighing, Loki focused them back on the matter at hand, "Since we're at this stage, it doesn't matter who scores, does it?" Meant to pass this off as a meaningless question, his teammates weren't stupid enough to not see its underlying meaning.

"Ha! You just want the last for goal for yourself, don't ya!? The little runt's got your feathers ruffled or something!?"

Loki smirked as he responded, "I couldn't say what it is. I can't remember the last time I saw someone my age as a rival and he'll only grow from here. This Blue Lock project...is really getting interesting."

"Aren't you being a little greedy, Loki?" Luna interjected. "I've yet to get my bonus for this match, you know. It's only fair that I be the one to end this, don't you think?" No one had an answer for him as he placed the ball down. As such, he took their silence as understanding, "Let's put an end to this act."

RESTART!!

The whistle blowing for the last restart, Luna began the round with a pass to Loki. Moving with the expectance of Y/N, he found himself a little disappointed with Nagi's appearance instead. "Let's go, Speed Demon."