The Life Of A Ninja

Kai's POV:

I awoke. This is an extraordinary day since I woke up extremely early. I rub my eyes and look down, seeing Harumi still sleeping. Poor her, a target. I hope she feels better. I hop out of bed and gather my clothes. Since Harumi's sharing my room, I have to go into the bathroom to change.

I slipped my training uniform on and headed out, seeing that Harumi was not there anymore. She must be down at the kitchen. As I walk to the kitchen, I remember what Harumi asked me last night. Oh yeah, it was about my love interest.

Lloyd Garmadon...

"Ah, good morning, Kai."

"Good morning. What are you doing up so early?" Harumi laughed at me.

"This is early? I wake up this time every morning!" She said. "Do you know where the cereal is?" She asked. I didn't want her to find the cereal, so I found it myself for her.

"Here, milk is in the fridge." I said as I handed the cereal into her hands. She thanked me. When she poured the milk, she stared at me. She signalled her head towards the cereal.

"Oh, that's alright. I'm not hungry, " she understood and ate away her breakfast. I went to the living room right next to the kitchen and started to play some video games while waiting for the others to wake up.

A few minutes later, chatter can be heard from the hallway. The rest of the ninja entered the room.

"You're awake, Kai, Harumi." We turn our heads around -

"We woke up early." Kai said.

"So, did you guys talk about anything?" Nya asked. Harumi and I looked at each other.

"Yes, we did. It was just about our favourite things and such." The others believed it. I knew Harumi was lying. Was she lying because she didn't want them to know about my feelings? I smiled softly.

After everyone was done eating, we went outside to the training deck. The ninja and I trained for most of the day while harumi helped us get our weapons. I thought it was too dangerous for her, but actually, she was fine.

This routine went on for a couple of days until..

"Why'd you call us?" Zane said. The ninja, Harumi, and I all gathered the main area. Nya had called us.

"The police captain wants us to investigate who the criminals are since they are still roaming free in Ninjago City." Nya said.

"Well, I think they're like all the other criminals we encountered, look problem solved. I said, leaning on the table. Everyone stared at me.

"What?" I said, confused.

Harumi's POV:

I stared across the room. It was silent. They are trying to figure out who the criminals are. They don't know that they work for me and my precious Lord Oni, but I would love to see them try. "This is a life of a ninja, huh?" I softly smiled.