Take Cover

Kai's POV:

I walk through the busy streets of Ninjago City alone. It's been a while ever since what happened at Lloyd's base. I looked at the sky, hovering above the citizens of Ninjago. The lanterns brighten the dark, cold sky.

Lloyd..

it reminds me of Lloyd. He is the happy-go-lucky ninja, always determined. But wherever there is light, there is always a shadow behind.

I was about to start walking again until I fell over. I landed on the ground. My chest begins to take some weight, I look up to see a person lying on my chest, looking at me. He was wearing a dragon mask.

"Are you okay?" He said as he rushed up from his position. I wiped the dirt off me and got up.

"Yeah, sorry I got in your way." I say. He didn't respond and started to walk past me. That's very rude, isn't it. I analyse him closely and see that he has blonde hair. His voice sounded familiar.

I grabbed his wrist.

"Hey, what's your name?" I say. Silence filled the gap between me and the mysterious person. We were in the middle of the crowd.

"If I tell you, you would never let go." He said poetically. I was dumbfounded. I'll never let him go? He quickly shook my hand off his wrist and walked away. Just then, I saw a tiny glimpse between his mask. A tiny tint of green, I saw.

Blonde hair, green eyes, dragon mask, golden, green, and purple hanfu?

That all adds up.

Lloyd..

I chased after him.

Lloyd's POV:

I walk away from the scene calmly. That was close, I'm so glad I had a poetic response in my mind. I keep walking until I hear my name being called.

"Lloyd, Lloyd!"

I turn around to my name being used like that. It was Kai. He saw me and ran up to me panting, he took a glimpse at me and pulled me away to a street way.

This was unexpected, from polling me to an empty street way. I stare at him. He slowly puts his face towards my ear.

What is he doing? I thought.

"Lloyd.." he whispered in my ear. He trapped me in his arms. My ears turn pink. He lifted my mask off with ease. I tried to keep it on, but it just fell to the ground. I cover my face.

He bent down and looked through a tiny gap between my hands.

"It's nice to see you again, Lloyd." I uncover my face.

"You too." I said, secretly angry and disappointed. He then got out of my face and leaned on the wall next to me.

"I missed you for a while." He spoke seriously.