Pretending to Fight

Kai's POV:

"Ladies and men, I see that you have doubled the number of people than yesterday. Well done." Lloyd said. I looked up to see Lloyd once again standing on the platform.

"Today, it is sibling versus sibling. The elemental master of fire and the elemental master of water!" Lloyd said through the microphone. Cheers begun again.

"Let it start." Lloyd added.

I look at Nya in front of me. She looked worried. What will happen if we don't want to fight each other? I thought to myself. The crowd went silent when they saw us standing there.

"Pretend to fight." I whispered across to Nya. She got the signal and dashed at me. She had water flowing on her hand and shot it at me. I dodged it, and it splashed onto the wall. I summoned a fire ball onto my hands and threw it at Nya. She blasted a water ball at the same time, bursting our powers into steam.

Lloyd's POV:

I watched the two siblings fight. It wasn't intense at all. Or that is what it seems to me. I know they are pretending to fight. They're siblings. They don't want to hurt each other. That's why I chose them specifically. They are put on too much pressure.

Kai's POV:

A few minutes have passed since we have been pretending to fight. I started to pant. How long will this take. I stare at the platform to see Lloyd staring at me. He knows...

I need him to believe that we are actually fighting.

"Nya, I'm sorry, but blast a water ball a me." I said. Nya looked at me dumbfounded.

"Why?!" She yelled.

"Just do it!" She summoned a water ball and blasted it towards me. It hit my chest, and I hit the wall. My back. That was painful. I thought it wouldn't hurt as much. I was wrong. I groaned.

Nya looked at me. She knew that we had to pretend to fight. She looks up at Lloyd.
I stood up slowly and looked up as well.

Just then, he jumped off and landed in the centre of the arena with us. He wiped the dirt off his hands and turned around to see me and Nya.

He nodded.

"Stop pretending to fight. If you can't fight someone you love. Just admit that you are weak." Lloyd said harshly. His eyes widened, and he smiled. He lifted his microphone to his mouth.

"It seems that the ninja have pretended to fight each other. What a shame. But I will let them go this time once." Lloyd said. "There is more to come."

I look at the audience and see the rest of the ninja. They looked at me and looked scared. I then turned my attention to Nya.

"Are you okay, Kai?" She said as she rushed towards me and hugged me.

"Yeah, this round is over. If you get chosen again, be careful." I said..

What is Lloyd up to?