Chapter 10. negative data

- it's a scary thing to care, isn't it? -

It's suffocating to be alone with the person that hurt you so much that you wished to be dead

But suffocating wasn't exactly how Chay felt around Kim.

Numbness, that was a better word.

It was as if all of Chay's emotions were switched off and all that was left was a bitter aftertaste. When he looked at Kim it was as if he was looking at an inanimate object, at something that had no significance for Chay whatsoever. Just like when a child sees a wine opener in the kitchen or car keys laying on the table, those things are insignificant to the child, most likely doesn't even remember them a couple of seconds later. That was what Kim had become to Chay.

It took Chay off guard how fast it happened but a small part of him felt happy, relieved, it was easier than he had expected. If he was going to feel like this about Kim from now on then ignoring him would be so easy.

Ducking his head to hide his small, yet tired smile, he walked past Kim, back to the examination table. The IV was still running and he definitely didn't feel strong enough to go back to the Heist Squad immediately. He was going to wait, at least a little bit longer; he didn't want to risk fainting again somewhere in the middle of the street.

"Chay..."

Chay stopped in front of the examination table, biting his lips. He looked at the IV and then around himself. Whatever it was that was flowing straight to his veins should have been still somewhere around. He knew that if he was going to leave this place he needed more of it. Considering how much Kim was playing with Chay's scar Chay deducted himself that most likely Kim gave him blood poisoning or something close to that. So yeah, without antibiotics at least for the next week Chay definitely couldn't leave the place.

He walked closer towards the desk, looking around closely. Technically Chay was a patient, it should be written somewhere - "ah here you are!" Chay victoriously mumbled to himself and read the paper with his name, it said, "Meropenem."

Chay turned around, looking at all the display cabinets filled to the brim with different kinds of medicine. Chay sighed, "please be sorted out in alphabetical order." Slowly with his body still aching and his head spinning again - he was up for too long - Chay started closely examining cabinet after cabinet.

"Chay...you should rest. What do you need? I'll find it for you."

Chay smiled, thankfully it was sorted in alphabetical order. So he skipped all the letters until he had found M and started searching for the one he needed. "Please be here, please be here, please...ah here!"

"Chay, lay back on the table at least until the IV is done...Chay..."

Chay took Meropenem from the cabinet and got back to the examination table, finally laying back down, his body melting into a blissful ignorance of the world around him. His body was too tired, he wanted to sleep a little more, badly, achingly...but he couldn't, not with Kimhan the Executioner anywhere around him. So he just closed his eyes and let his body sleep while his mind stayed awake, guarding him.