Chapter 22. lunatic in heart

— beware the lunatic before he settles in your head and captures your heart —

"Yesterday, the Hope Diamond had been stolen from the villa of General Kasem, who was responsible for the diamond's safety throughout its stay in the country

"Yesterday, the Hope Diamond had been stolen from the villa of General Kasem, who was responsible for the diamond's safety throughout its stay in the country. The culprits are well-known rogue heroes; Porchay Kittisawat from the Heist Squad and the infamous Kimhan the Executioner. It isn't known whether Kimhan joined Porchay only for this one robbery or if the lonely wolf, Kimhan the Executioner, decided to join the Heist Squad. Whatever the case may be, it seems that Thailand should be even more careful than before. If you have any information about the culprits, please do call your local police station. And now, onto the other news..."

"Sparky didn't say that it would be a problem," Kim said first after the video was over, leaning on the backrest of the armchair Chay was sitting in.

"It isn't. Apart from the fact that now everyone knows that we are working together," Porsche replied.

"I was expecting General Kasem to have access to the cameras on his computer but it looks like the guy has only a laptop and he had the laptop with him because it definitely wasn't in the office," Chay explained, his eyes for some reason gravitating towards Kinn who didn't stop glaring at something behind Chay, and the only interesting thing that was behind Chay was Kim.

What the heck was going on?

Porsche closed the laptop, "that's okay, that doesn't matter that much. There's something else I wanted to ask; how did you open the safe without the combination? I was expecting you to bring the whole safe, but here you came only with the Hope Diamond. You are getting better, Chay."

Chay gulped down, shaking his head, "it wasn't me. Kim opened it. I was just making sure that the air was clear."

"It was an old type of safe. So I just listened for the right combination, and once it all clicked in place, I opened it," Kim shrugged.

"That's pretty useful," Porsche nodded, impressed. "It would be great if you could show some guys in our squad how to do it. I think that Arm and Pol would—"

"No."

"Kim!" Kinn warned.

"I said no! If you want to know how to do it, learn it yourself. You think that someone taught me?" Kim scoffed.

Chay threw his head all the way to the back, looking at Kim from upside down, "don't worry, hia. Kim will teach me. Right?" Chay smiled at Kim. His heart, beating a little faster when Kim returned the smile. Kim should smile more often. Chay made a mental note to tell Kim that sometime.

"Whenever you want to, Sparky," Kim replied, his fingers dancing on Chay's shoulder.

"See? Easy," Chay cocked his eyebrow, looking straight at Kinn.

Kinn stood up from the desk, giving Porsche's shoulder a light squeeze, "I'll go to the gym, babe. Have fun here without me."

Kim smirked, "leaving us? That's the first good idea you had."