Chapter 27. comfort place

— if what I feel for him isn't love, then I don't need love, I just need him —

Chay was sure that even if somehow their mission wouldn't go according to their imagination, the trip to Phuket would still be more than worthy

Chay was sure that even if somehow their mission wouldn't go according to their imagination, the trip to Phuket would still be more than worthy. If he was honest, he would never remember this trip as the mission trip. This trip gave him way more than any mission ever could.

Droplets of water, warm and gentle, were in rhythmic precision falling on their naked bodies. Kim's lips were scattering the little pieces of their love on every inch of Chay's heavenly body. Lazy kisses, hungry bites, shivering licks of Kim's hot tongue; Chay had a whole list of reasons to believe that he was in Heaven. Not the Heaven everyone knew. The heaven everyone prayed to go to. No, not that kind. But the kind made of enchanting whispers, silky touches, flowery kisses, and champagne-sizzling sensations flowing through Chay's burning veins.

Time lost its meaning. The clock ticking lost its rhythm. Past had become an old notebook hidden in the attic, forgotten in the river of passing years. The present was a sweet candy sensually melting on their tongues.

Only when the water gradually lost its warmth and the shivers of pleasure got replaced by the shivers of coldness did the lovers find their way back into the bed. The soft fabric of their clean clothes gently hugged their bodies. Kim had his eyes closed, enjoying the sweet attention from his boyfriend, who was sitting right behind him.

"... and of course, he didn't tell me about this house before," Chay huffed, drying Kim's hair.

"Maybe he didn't think you'd ever use this house."

Chay stopped ruffling Kim's hair with the towel and leaned over to look at Kim, "are you really on my brother's side?"

"No," Kim said. There was not an ounce of hesitation in his voice. "I just don't want you to be sad. So, I'm trying... I'm trying to find possibilities."

Chay wondered if Kim heard a piece of Chay's heart chip away from the rest of it and try to find its way to Kim, gravitating like a magnet to its other pole. Because that was exactly how Chay felt whenever Kim did or said something that felt like it couldn't be real. Like it was something that shouldn't be real because it was too pure for the fucked up world they were in. And what was breaking Chay's heart the most in the most beautiful way was that this was just how Kim was. He wasn't playing games. He didn't wear the same mask he did wear in front of anyone else. He didn't try to impress Chay just for the sake of impressing him. This was Kim in his purest rawest form and Chay felt as if he was doing something forbidden, seeing this version of Kimhan the Executioner, holding him in his arms, calling him baby...

Chay wrapped his arms around Kim's shoulders from behind, and kissed his cheek, "I love you, baby. Thank you for this."

Kim hummed, taking one of Chay's hands in his, "but on the real note, Porsche is a jerk. He should have told you!"