Chapter 43. icarus fall

— flying close to the sun will burn you one day —

"Something's fucking wrong," Kim approached Kinn and tried to hold him still

"Something's fucking wrong," Kim approached Kinn and tried to hold him still. "Sparky, end this thing, now!"

"Look at me. Look at me, Kinn," Chay cupped Kinn's face, holding his gaze for as long as he could. "None of what I told you here it's true. You don't believe any of it. You don't think any of it. All that happened here is that you no longer remember hia forgiving you for hurting me. That's it. Get it? That's it!"

"That's it. That's it. That's it," Kinn started repeating over and over again. But once Kim let him go and appeared in front of him, Kinn's eyes got wet with a new wave of tears, and Kim's name slipped Kinn's lips again. "I'm sorry, Kim. I'm so sorry, Kimhan... I—" Kinn suddenly stood up. "I... I have to leave. I need to go." He basically ran towards the door.

Chay glanced at Kim, all worried and confused, "I'll talk to him. Wait for me upstairs."

"Shouldn't I go with you?"

"No," Chay said, already halfway to the door, "for some reason, you are triggering him."

Kinn wasn't far when Chay caught up with him. He was mumbling something under his breath over and over again, trying to find his way out of the basement.

"Kinn, wait! What happened? I shouldn't have pushed so far. It's—"

"It's not your fault," Kinn said, squeezing his eyes shut and opening them again. Clearly, he had a severe headache.

"It clearly is! I had to trigger something because this isn't normal! I'm not controlling you anymore. I told you that everything I said was bullshit. You should be fine, but instead, you are still acting like a lunatic! So what's wrong?"

Kinn shook his head, "noting is wrong, Chay. You did what you had to do, and I'm fine. Everything is going to be fine."

Everything was not going to be fucking fine if Kinn won't start talking properly. Chay was starting to lose all the patience he still had. Without warning he grabbed Kinn's shirt and pushed him to the wall, "listen to me fucking carefully. I had enough of you never saying shit! Keeping everything to yourself as if we aren't fucking family at this point! You are fine? Are you? I have promised hia that I would return you without any damage. But look at you! You are shaking so much I could knock you out in a second if I wanted to. I triggered something from your past, didn't I? If you don't want to tell me now...fine! But at least do not say that you are fine when you clearly aren't!"

Chay let Kinn go and looked away, "I don't want hia to see you like this, okay?!"

There was complete silence for a couple of seconds and Chay badly wished that Kim would just appear in the corridor and took him in his arms, make him forget everything that happened, make him feel nothing but love and safety.

Instead, it was Kinn who spoke, "can we talk somewhere else?"

Chay nodded, "yeah, yeah, lead the way."