Chapter 54. gods are falling

— isn't it nice to feel like you are flying? —

"How is my baby Dracula doing? Ready for the heist?" Chay asked when he got back to their room after talking to Porsche about some details of the heist

"You really meant it with that baby Dracula thing," Kim said, a little surprised as he turned around to Chay, holding two types of knives in his hands.

"Of course, I did, Kim. I mean everything seriously when it comes to you," Chay stepped to Kim and pecked his lips. "What's this about, hmm?"

Kim smirked, "which one should I take with me? This one?" Kim cocked his head towards a pocket knife with the tip of the blade shaped like the head of a dragon. Chay shivered all over—getting stabbed by that would hurt like hell. "Or should I take this one?" In his other hand, Kim held a knife with teeth on its blade at least an inch long. Now, this one would hurt as well...

"I already have two, but one more won't hurt."

"Or it will hurt too much," Chay chuckled. "Hmm, I like the dragon one."

"Okay, the dragon one then," Kim nodded and turned around to put the other knife away.

And then, Chay noticed, "are those... grenades?!"

"Yeah," Kim shrugged, "they might be useful."

"Kim, we are not taking grenades! We don't need them. Besides, if we would want to set something on fire, we have hia," Chay shook his head in amusement and took off Kim's belt carrying a set of grenades.

"Where did you even get this?"

"From the armoury," Kim shrugged again. "I really can't take them?"

Chay frowned, "baby, no! I need you to be safe, not walking around with explosives on yourself."

"Okay, no grenades," Kim nodded. "But it would be nice to see something blow up."

Chay watched Kim's eyes sparkling with excitement—Chay loved how happy he looked. "You seem to be very excited for today. I didn't think you would be."

"It's the heist with you," Kim pulled Chay into his arms, sniffing his hair, "way better than with Kinn."

Chay laughed, "he is gonna be there too."

"I know, but not right with me."

"Come on, baby! You do like him," Chay combed his fingers through Kim's hair slowly.

"That word applies only to you and Moonshine," Kim disagreed. "Let's say that I'm getting used to him."

Chay rolled his eyes, "you two are going to drive me crazy one day. At least you and p'Tankhun are doing well."

"Tankhun's nice. He told me that he'll bring me a katana next time he travels back into the Japanese past."

"So the way to your heart is through presents, huh?" Chay raised his eyebrow. "What about your mother's book that your brothers gave you? You haven't touched it since you came back from that lunch."