Chapter 52. mission gone... wrong

— brothers... oh, well... —

Kim's knuckles harshly collided with Kinn's jaw

Kim's knuckles harshly collided with Kinn's jaw. The sound it made—made Kim grin in pleasant excitement. He loved that sound. The sound of bones cracking... shattering.

"That's all you've got, huh?" Kinn sniggered, not even acknowledging the stinging pain in his jaw.

— earlier —

Porsche closed his laptop, looking at Kim, "get it?"

Kim rolled his tongue over the strawberry lollipop in his mouth and nodded. He wasn't planning to say anything until Chay took the lollipop right from his mouth and cocked his head at him, prompting him to speak.

Kim flicked his tongue and looked back at Porsche, "yeah, I get it. Once again, we are going to steal some rocks."

"Chay already told you why jewellery is the best to steal," Porsche said.

"Don't mind him, hia. He just isn't in the mood."

"I am in the mood," Kim grinned. "I am in such a great mood to go on the first mission with my lovely brother," he gave Kinn a quick glance.

"Can you say it again and with a little bit more sarcasm? I don't think everyone here got it," Kinn said.

"Lovely," Porsche sighed. "You two are starting great! This is going to be fun."

Sitting right next to Kim, Chay quietly sucked on the lollipop and watched the tension in the office getting thicker and thicker. Relaxed, arm resting on Kim's shoulder and taking the lollipop out of his mouth, he said, "don't worry, hia. They are gonna find a way to cooperate because if not," Chay looked at Kinn, "if not... you are done, p'Kinn."

"Why me?" Kinn laughed nervously.

"Because we all still remember what you've done to Kim before, don't we?" Chay cocked his eyebrow.

"Things were completely different back then, Chay," Porsche said defensively.

"You are talking about it as if it happened years ago," Chay said. "I get that those two are brothers now, but that doesn't stop me from remembering how I felt when I thought I lost Kim because of your boyfriend."

"I already said I'm sorry, Porchay," Kinn said, sounding genuine enough for Chay to know that Kinn really meant it.

"I know," Chay nodded and smiled a little so as not to make everyone think their conversation was deadly serious. "All I'm saying is that despite what happened, I'm willing to keep Kim alone with you so if something happens to him... you know what will follow."

"Porchay!" Porsche's voice raised in warning.

"Relax, hia. P'Kinn will be behaving like a good big brother, and we all will be fine."