Chapter 21. paper cut

— chambers of my heart are filled with paper cuts of his lips —

Kim didn't know how beautiful a morning could be without the bitter aftertaste of a nightmare

Today, he woke up at eight. The room was quiet. His things were still in boxes, patiently waiting to be unpacked, but it felt different. Kim didn't feel out of place in the Heist Squad anymore.

Now he belonged.

Slowly, getting out of bed, he shuffled to the bathroom. He wanted to see Chay's name on his chest. He didn't even care if it was getting better or worse. He just wanted to see it. Chay took care of it and made sure it didn't bleed anymore. Chay took care of it in a way Kim never did when it came to the scar he left on Chay's chest.

But that was going to change. From now on, Kim was going to make sure to kiss the scar every day, showering it with love, for it never deserved to be made out of hate. It never deserved to be made at all.

Chay's name on his chest looked calmer now. Not bloody, not such a vivid red anymore. Carefully, he traced his fingers over each letter; it didn't hurt much, just a light sting here and there. Nothing Kim wasn't used to. He was going to have to put new bandages on before he would go to see Chay. Or... maybe he could call Chay and ask him to take care of it again. Chay would do it better, be more gentle...Kim walked to his bed, ready to text Chay when he heard a high-pitched laugh outside of his door, followed by Chay's voice, sounding happy and relaxed.

Kim's body tensed. He made a couple of steps closer towards the door. He loved to hear Chay's voice, but who was he talking to? Who made him so happy? Since when was he up? Kim thought that Chay would come to see him first before anything else.

Maybe that was too much to be asking for.

+++++

Chay woke up early. Too early. His body and mind were probably too excited to spend another day with Kim as — whatever the hell it was they were — boyfriends...maybe...even though that word somehow didn't sound right to Chay in his mind whenever he thought about Kim's arms holding him close and hungry lips chasing, chasing, and chasing for more kisses.

The clock was saying it was 5:30. Slowly like a zombie, Chay crawled out of bed and went downstairs to their kitchen for a glass of water and maybe a little morning snack. As he had expected, everyone was still sleeping. At least, that's what he had gathered from the fact that he didn't meet anyone on his way downstairs.

Well, he should have waited with his little analysis result for a little bit longer because...

"ChayChay," Tankhun greeted Chay in the kitchen, a hot pink bathrobe covering his body.

"Oh," Chay stopped in his tracks, "p'Khun, I wasn't expecting you here."

Tankhun held up a piece of an apple in front of Chay, "apple?"