Chapter 57. Happiness

— happiness is a human —

"Is that—Oh my god!" Porsche quickly approached Tankhun and helped him with all the crown jewels Tankhun was balancing on his body

"Is that—Oh my god!" Porsche quickly approached Tankhun and helped him with all the crown jewels Tankhun was balancing on his body. "How did you—"

"Yeah," Kim looked at his eldest brother, his eyes stone cold, "how did you get that? Could you get it all that time even without us? Don't tell me we didn't have to do all this shit?"

Tankhun smirked, took the crown from his head, and placed it on Kim's head instead, "glad to see you, well, nong. And before you go all Kimhan the Executioner on me—no, I could not have done it alone. The only reason why I can be here with all those jewels right now is because everything happened the way it happened. All I did was first go back to the year when the room for the crown jewels was being made. There, I found out how to get in. And after that, I went to yesterday, and while everyone was focused on you and Chay, I slipped into the room and got the jewels. I hate to say it like that, but you two were a great distraction. How's Chay?"

"Saying that what happened to us was a great distraction and right after asking how's Chay... Are you serious?" Kim scoffed.

"Okay, hold on, Kim," Kinn stepped in between his brothers, "calm down. Khun didn't mean it in a bad way. You are clearly on edge because Chay isn't well yet. Just go back to him. You came here because you didn't want to argue with Porsche. Do you want to argue with Khun now?"

Kim looked from one of his brothers to the other and nodded, "yeah... I don't. I just worry about Sparky." He turned around and started walking back to Chay. Before opening the door, he looked over his shoulder, "good job."

In the room, Chay was in the same position as he was when Kim left him a couple of minutes ago. His eyes were closed, one hand resting on Moonshine's belly.

"I'm back, Sparky," Kim said and snuggled back to his boyfriend. "All good?"

"A bit better," Chay whispered.

"Really?" Kim perked up. He took Chay's hand in his and placed a series of kisses on his knuckles, paying special attention to the ring finger adorned with the tattoo.

Chay hummed, "what happened outside? I... think I heard something..."

"Tankhun brought crown jewels."

"You don't sound happy about it."

Kim frowned, "he fucking said that we were a good distraction. As if he was happy that this happened to us."

Chay slowly opened his eyes and looked at Kim, "baby, no. He... didn't mean it like that. Stop frowning and hug me tight instead."

That was an order Kim would gladly follow. He gently put one arm around Chay's waist and his head in the crook of Chay's neck, "is this good? I'm not hurting you?"

"You are perfect. Just stay like this, please."

With soft lips pressed to his neck, Chay returned to focusing on his healing. Healing his broken bones hurt more than he had thought it would. It wasn't easy to put atom to atom and form his bones in the way they should be once again. It was eating up too much energy from him. And it was taking a long time. It wasn't like with Kim. Chay healed Kim in a couple of minutes, maybe a little bit under an hour. But with himself, he was struggling. He knew that he could do it, but it would take him some time. Maybe a couple of days.