Chapter 31. bone by bone

— there's blood everywhere around us —

Not a word was said and yet Chay's soul felt lighter and lighter and his mind was calmer and calmer with each passing second in Kim's arms

Chay had to tell Kim what was the call about. A huge part of it was about him after all. But the silence was so calming and Kim's butterfly kisses on his neck so alluring that Chay felt as if he was hypnotized, willingly melting into Kim's touch under his enchanting spell.

"Should I be worried about something?" Kim asked.

"Uhm, no. But it might sound like it," Chay let out a breathy laugh, confusing Kim even more.

"Sparky, you are making me so confused."

"The thing is... p'Kinn said to hia that you tortured me and I said hia that it is the truth." Chay felt Kim's body tensing under him, Kim's hands were suddenly much colder than before.

"He is going to send me away from you," Kim sounded so vulnerable that Chay almost regretted that he said his hia the truth. But what was done was done.

Chay shook his head, "no, he won't."

"He is going to try."

"He won't, baby. I told him I love you and he promised me that he won't mess with our relationship just like I'm not messing with his. He just wants to talk to you."

"And you believe him?" Kim huffed.

"I do," Chay let his fingers dance through Kim's hair. "And if he tries something, you can just tell me. Besides," Chay wrapped his hands around Kim's neck and kissed him, "why worry if you won't let me go no matter what, hmm?"

"What's Kinn's power?" Kim asked out of nowhere, throwing Chay off guard.

"P'Kinn's power?" Chay puckered his lips. "He can erase memories."

"That's why he said that memories are precious things," Kim nodded. "What if he tries to do that shit to me... or to you?"

"No, no, definitely not!" Chay immediately dismissed Kim's assumption. "P'Kinn won't do anything that would hurt me, simply because he feels bad for what he had done to me before. You know very well how that feels, don't you?"

When Kim didn't say anything Chay took it as a good enough of an answer. He nodded, "see, you get it now. Do you feel better?"

"No," the word slipped Kim's lips.

Chay pecked Kim's cheek once, twice, thrice, and smiled, "okay, you know what? Think about it... if my power doesn't work on you because of your mind then p'Kinn's power shouldn't work on you either. Don't you think? I can't stop your worries but think about it. It's gonna be okay, just trust me. Can you do that?"

"Yes," was Kim's answer this time.

Chay felt Kim's muscles relaxing a little under his touch.

"Yeah, yeah I can..." Kim threw his head back and groaned. "It's not a big deal. It's fine."