Chapter 2. another one bites the dust

— trust and fear go hand in hand —

"Pour it over yourself slowly, don't waste any drop," Chay ordered, his honey voice smooth and alluring, his Bambi eyes slowly wrapping their fingers around the man's mind leading him into his demise

It was dark and lonely at the gas station. Black Mercedes, parking under the flickering light, had its trunk open, stack of money scattered all over it.

A worker inside the gas station was reading his motorcycle magazine, not once glancing at what was happening outside as if he couldn't as if he was instructed not to.

He was.

The man outside bowed down, took a canister full of gasoline and opened the lid.

Chay hummed, watching the man carefully raising the canister above his head and pouring its content all over himself.

"Slowly...slowly...I told you not to waste any drop! Look at yourself! It's going all around you," Chay rolled his eyes, playing with a lighter in his hand. A phoenix engraved on it was a clear indication that Chay had stolen the lighter from his brother, again.

The man lowered his arms a little, the gasoline, slowing down its speed at which it was soaking the man's body.

Chay purred, "hmm that's better, good boy. Make sure that you are all wet for me."

As the gasoline stopped pouring and was only dripping from the canister, Chay placed a cigarette between his lips and lit it. He wasn't a big smoker and even if he was, tonight he didn't need the cigarette for smoking anyway.

"Fine, that's enough, you can put it away," Chay ordered and once the man did as he was told, Chay stepped closer. "It's really nice of you giving me all that money. I greatly appreciate it."

For a brief moment, the man's face changed as if he snapped out of whatever spell Chay put him under, but then his face change back into a blank lifeless expression, waiting for Chay's next order.

"Stay quiet. No matter what, you have to stay quiet! Understood?"

The man nodded, keeping his eyes on Chay, his mouth moving as if it had a mind of its own, "you are beautiful."

Chay smirked, "I know," taking a drag from the cigarette, he threw it on the man. It didn't take a second for the fire show to start. The flames were hungrily kissing the man's skin, eating his body alive, and Chay couldn't look away. He didn't want to. Why would he when the picture in front of him was so much more fascinating?

+++++

Chay parked the Mercedes in the underground garage of their nest and grabbed the two bags full of money from the trunk before he took an elevator up to the main floor of the Heist Squad. He nodded at Arm walking past him down the corridor, hands full of empty beer cans.