Blood In the Air

The skies turned gray..the clouds filtered out the sun, and the fog laid itself down on the water. As the ocean was becoming angered.

Ticonderoga sat with Belfast on her ship. Comforting her as the sad maid wept.

Ticonderoga: What a mess...how are you feeling Belfast?

Belfast: Im..*hic*...sorry..*hic*...I can't...*hic*...stop...

Ticonderoga: No no!..it's alright..just keep letting it out

Belfast cried out even more. She was letting it all out. The only thing on her mind was York.

After searching around, Cleveland had found a box of tissues she thought Belfast could use.

Ticonderoga: I promise we'll get through this

Belfast: I..can't..*hic*

Cleveland walked up to both of them and held the box of tissues out.

Ticonderoga looked over at Cleveland.

Ticonderoga: Huh? Oh, thanks...

Ticonderoga took the box from Cleveland and set it down next to Belfast.

Cleveland stood there, looking down at Belfast. She felt horrible, wishing she could do something else to help.
—————
Wales was leaning against the rails on the bow of her ship.

Looking down at the aggressive ocean waves, she sat in thought, about all the good times she had with York.

Ark walked up from behind Wales and leaned against the rails with her.

Ark: I don't believe it..that she's gone...

Wales: How can this happen...how did we not see the attack coming?

Ark: I don't know....but whoever did this...I'll kill them...I'll fucking kill them!!!

Ark said, clenching her fists in anger.

Wales: We must stay vigilant...whoever did this might still be out there....watching our every move

Ark: I don't care who it is..they will die for this...

Wales: York was a good friend.....we must avenge her...
—————

Ticonderoga: I...gotta go report everything...can you stay here with her?

Cleveland:...Yes...of course

Ticonderoga:...Thank you

Ticon said with a smile. She got up and walked away, headed back toward the fleet to give a damage and casualty report to Ford.

Cleveland sat down with Belfast, who was still crying.

Cleveland showed an expression of sorrow. She can imagine how she feels. After she and the Union sisters lost Northampton.

Cleveland didn't know what to say. All she could do is comfort Belfast in silence, and let the poor girl cry out all of her tears.

Belfast cried more and more. She thought about all the fun things she did with York. And all the great times they had together. They were best friends.

Belfast: Why...why did this have to happen?!

Cleveland continued to comfort her in silence, as she looked out at the raging sea.
—————

Wales walked away from the rails. Ark Royal watched her walk away.

Wales walked toward the back of her ship.

She stared at the sinking ship that once belonged to the fallen York.

She saluted the ship in standard Royal Navy style.