Love And Dread

One month after the defeat of Anarchy, the last of the three Elite Sirens.

Sampson stood before two gravestones on a grassy hill next to a big tree. The hill that had a view of the beautiful glistening ocean. The gravestone on the left was Ford's grave. The one on the right was black and polished, with white words carved into it. A name, a motto, and a quote.

"Cape St. George"

"Always Victorious"

"I am a warship, I serve my country with pride and glory, to protect it and its people from foreign threats not of this Earth"

Above the name, motto, and quote, was a laser-engraved picture of Cape, smiling brightly. Next to her face was a laser-engraved picture of a Ticonderoga Class cruiser with an American flag waving behind it.

Sampson: There were so many things I wanted to do with you...but not enough time to do it...

He says as he looks down at the grave.

Sampson: Hey, at least you are with Ford now...I hope he's not giving you too much of a hard time

Sam says as he raised a katana he was holding in his hand.

Sampson: I believe this belongs to you, sorry I kept it with me for so long...I just got so attached you know?... I miss you guys...we all do, you and Ford both...

He says as he sticks the katana's blade down into the ground in front of Cape's gravestone.

Sampson: NGH!!!

Out of nowhere, a sudden pain hit his head. He placed his left hand on his head while gripping the katana by the handle. He gritted his teeth as the pain surged through his head.

Sampson: What the hell is this?!

Suddenly, the pain stopped.

Sampson: Ngh...w-what was that?

He said as let go of the katana while he rubbed his head with his hand. Sudden footsteps can be heard approaching from behind Sampson. He turns around to see Eugen walking up to him.

Eugen: What a beautiful sight this place has to offer...I know Hipper would love it

Sampson: Yeah, that's why I picked it out for these two

Eugen stared at the polished gravestones, then looked up at him.

Eugen: I know I gave her a hard time...but I loved her more than anyone else...she was a great sister

Sampson:...

Eugen: There were so many things I wanted to do with her...

She said as she walked up next to him, staring out at the ocean. She looked over at Sampson.

Eugen: All of Iron Blood still can't thank you enough for what you did...they all love and respect you very much now

Sampson: That so?

Eugen: Yeah, but...you didn't have to come for me, I would've gladly sacrificed my life if it meant saving your friend

Sampson: Eugen...don't say that...I would've been upset either way, either I lose you or lose Cape

He said as he continued to look at Cape's grave.

Sampson: She sacrificed her life to save mine and yours...and I will praise her for it until the end of my days
—————

Meanwhile, in the middle of the base, Columbia sat at a bench, surrounded by shipgirls running around the central plaza in a cheerful mood. Shipgirls were talking and laughing with each other, while standing in line at shops, waiting to buy goods.