Crimson Lanes

*BANG*
*BOOM*

The chaotic battle rages on, as everyone fights to take down the massive Siren fleet.

Denver: Has anyone noticed any changes?!

Hornet: The number of ships is barely decreasing!

Hornet yelled as she launched more of her fighter planes into the air.

Wales: They just keep coming! There's no end to them!

Enterprise was breathing heavily, exhausted from the amount of large attacks she used.

Enterprise: I cannot...give up...

She said as she raised her bow, struggling to fire a yellow bolt. The bolt disperses into the air as she collapses on the watery surface.

Yorktown: Enterprise!

Yorktown noticed Enterprise and ran to her. She got down on her knees to check on her.

Yorktown: Are you alright?!

Enterprise: I'm fine...don't worry about me...this Siren fleet must end

Hornet: Look out!!!

Hornet yelled at Yorktown and Enterprise, as she saw a Siren missile incoming. The missile explodes as it is shot down by Burke's ciws.

Burke: Hey! Come on Ms. Enterprise it's not safe here!

Burke says as he runs up to her and kneels next to Yorktown.

Enterprise: Please, just focus on the Sirens!

Burke: You're in a terrible condition, it is my duty to get the injured to safety!

Burke looked over at Essex, who was firing all of her guns into the air at the Sirens.

Burke: Ess!!! Can you spare an Osprey?!

Essex looks over at Burke and launches a V-22 into the air. As it slowly moves over to them, hovering over them as it slowly descends...

*BOOM*

The Osprey explodes into a fire as it is hit by a laser from a Siren ship. It starts to spin and descend rapidly, slamming into the water. Pieces of it fly everywhere. Burke gets on top of Enterprise, covering her from any shrapnel or flying debris. A piece of one of the Osprey's rotor blades flies over them, barely missing Burke as it scratches the back of his rigging.

Burke: Are you okay?!

Burke yells as he gets up off of Enterprise. Enterprise stares at him with widened eyes, looking down at his side. There was a chunk of steel shrapnel stuck in his side, with blood around it.

Burke: I'll be fine! Come on!

Burke says as he and Yorktown lift Enterprise, putting her arms around them and carrying her. Burke looked down, noticing something else about her. She wasn't just severely exhausted. She was bleeding profusely from her stomach.

Burke: Holy shit!!!

Yorktown looked down at the wound after hearing Burke react. She was frightened by what she saw.

Yorktown: Enterprise!!!

Burke pulls out was appears to be a roll of gauze and unravels part of it. Pulling it apart using his teeth as he had his other arm assisting Enterprise. He puts the roll away and hands the part he unraveled to Yorktown.

Burke: Apply that to the wound and keep pressure on it!

Yorktown: Y-yeah, okay!

Yorktown said as she took the gauze from Burke and packed it on Enterprise's wound.