When The Timing Is Right

Sampson: That ship...

His voice echoed through the room he was in.

Sampson: It's a monster...

He looked over by a barred wall. He appeared to be in a cell, with many other shipgirls.

He could see shipgirls who were sobbing. Looking to his left, he could see Columbia, Cleveland, and Montpelier, who had blank expressions on their faces. They looked down at their feet, looking totally empty inside. Brooklyn and her sister ships seemed to be the most affected. None of them said anything. Brooklyn was crying her eyes out, while St. Louis comforted her.

Burke: Even with the large force we had....we couldn't even beat them...

Sampson: And now, we lost another ship as well...

Burke repeatedly looked around. He was expecting to see Helena somewhere, due to her always being quiet. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

Sampson was deep in thought. Thinking about the hell they just went through.
—————

( 3 hours earlier that day)

Gunshots
Explosions
Yells of voices

Hell on earth.

Burke: WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING!

Enterprise: IT'S TEARING US APART!

Sampson: KEEP FIGHTING! THERES NO TURNING BACK! IF WE LOSE THIS WE LOSE OUR GROUND!

Eugen: SAM AT YOUR SIX!

Sampson whipped around and blasted a Siren to pieces with his cannon. Eugen continued to concentrate fire on other positions. Her rigging dug into Siren ships like a hot knife to butter. The main culprit was a strange Siren ship. It was massive. It had a form of sharp teeth on the bow. And on its left and right sides, it appeared to have flexible tentacles of some kind, with metal shark-like heads at the end of them. Similar to Eugen's rigging. The shark heads fired purple beams at shipgirl positions. And the ship itself fired humongous cannons from its deck and port and starboard sides.

Sampson: My cannon isn't doing anything to it, damnit!

He said as he fired at the massive ship. Orange blasts ricocheted off the ship, like a small caliber round bouncing off the hull of a battleship.

Columbia: I NEED A DIVERSION!!!

She yelled out loud.

Cleveland: COLUMBIA LOOK OUT!!

Columbia looked to her right and saw one of the massive ship's shark heads moving in for an attack on her. She had no time to react. Then, she could feel the force of her being pushed out of the way. She fell to the ground. When she looked in front of her from where she was sitting up, she saw Helena. Unfortunately, she took the blow for her. It was more than a blow. Columbia was horrified. The terrible painful screams of Helena filled her ears. She watched as the shark head bit down on Helena's legs. Causing her to fall on her back.

Cleveland: HELENA!!!

Cleveland was a distance away. She reached her hand out as she dashed, but couldn't get to Helena in time. The shark head bit down on Helena's legs again, completely severing them from her body. She screamed painfully even more, as blood spurted everywhere. Cleveland fired her guns at the shark head, but it did absolutely nothing. Sampson and Burke also tried to blast it. But their blasts bounced off the shark head too.

Sampson: Fuck it!

He tried using his power, but unfortunately...

Sampson: Agh!