Chapter 11: The realisation

We went home later that day. Vanessa was incredibly drunk making a show of herself embarrassing not only me and Ashton but Emma too. She got grounded for about two weeks.

So right now here I am just sat on the sofa currently watching a random TV programme bored out of my head. Ashton's out with his friends somewhere and Emma's at work again. Vanessa is currently still sulking upstairs not willing to talk to anyone.

Sighing I got up off the sofa and decided to get changed. I guess this is a disadvantage of not having friends.

I ran up the stairs rushing to my bedroom and picking out some clothes. I've started to wear some more of the new clothes that Vanessa brought me so I decided to wear a white tank top with red shorts and I decided to leave my hair out. Obviously I still wore my converse.

I ran back down the stairs with my car keys in my hand deciding to go for a drive. After all I am quite bored.

I quickly screamed from down the stairs telling Vanessa I'm going out and rushing towards the door.

I stopped midway. I guess before I go I could quickly have a snack. I smiled to myself as I walked in the kitchen.

I stopped when I saw loads of papers piled up on the counter in the kitchen. I looked at them and each of them were bills. All of them dating back to months ago still not being paid back. As the months went on the bills increased piling up one after the other.

I smiled to myself as I took all the papers and walked out of the house.

I guess Christmas is coming early.

-.-.-.-.-

Later that day Ashton came home and so did Emma. We were gathered around the dining table eating lasagne with Vanessa still sulking to herself.

"Ashton you'll never guess what?!" Emma beamed. A small smile was playing on my lips.

Ashton looked up from his food towards his mum.

"Today I went to pay the bills and they said that they were all paid from the previous months and a few months ahead as well." She laughed still looking shocked.

Ashton looked relived and I could see Vanessa smile a bit.

"Who paid the bills?" Ashton asked shocked.

Emma laughed "That's the thing the people said that they don't know as well because the person wished to remain anonymous. I don't even think that's possible!"

I still had a small smile playing on my lips as I silently ate my food.

From the corner of my eye I saw everyone going back to eating but Ashton was watching me with a smile on his face.

After dinner Emma went to bed because she was really tired and Vanessa just went back upstairs mumbling something about sleeping.

So that just left me and Ashton to do the dishes.

It was quiet until Ashton decided to try to make small talk.

"So that was really great what that person did for my mum,"

I laughed agreeing "There's some amazing people out there I guess,"

Ashton didn't reply he just nodded his head in reply with a small smile playing on his lips.

We carried on washing the dishes in a comfortable silence with him washing them and me drying.

Finally when we were finished Ashton volunteered to put all the dishes away on his own but I offered to help to which he accepted.

I was picking up the last dish from the counter top and as I turned around I saw Ashton blocking my way. he stepped closer to me placing both of his hands on either side of the table watching me carefully.

The way he was watching me was kind of intimidating. I visibly gulped as he brought his face closer to mine. Just centimetres apart.

I could feel my palms start to get sweaty as he watched me intently. Then he gave me a small kiss on the cheek but letting his lips linger there.

Finally when he pulled away he said "Thank you Sarah. Not much people would have done what you did."

I smiled back at him feeling a burning sensation where he just placed his lips. I placed my hand there smiling a small smile but then realising Ashton was still watching with a little smirk on his face.

Before I could say anything he disappeared mumbling something about innocence.

I stood there dumbfounded trying to process what happen with a smile on my face.

My smile dropped when the realisation hit me.

I was falling for Ashton Ryder.

A/N:

You were warned guys. This book is literally all cliche. I have a lot planned for this book but what the difficult part is that when I'm writing the chapters its hard to portray that because I just try to make it flow with what I've got written.

But anyway, SHE FINALLY LIKES HIM!!

I'm sorry I know I'm literally repeating myself but like I said in the previous chapter, I know it's taking the mick but I don't want to get straight in the love story. I want to show you how they fall for each other, cause let's face it, sometimes love stories are more beautiful when you know how they got together, the actual story behind everything.

I just want to clarify one thing because I haven't really shown it properly but basically Sarah falls for Ashton because of everything he's doing and his personality. us as the readers don't really know how Ashton acts with his friends (not yet) but Sarah does so she's got more of an insight than us so she knows how different he acts with his family and friends. She also fell for him because well he's just himself and because- eg holding her hand, kissing her cheek, complimenting her. Whether he realises what he's doing is going to be a mystery to you guys;) for now that is..

Also I want to clarify one more thing in case I wasn't clear enough in the previous chapters(clearly wasn't) but the reason that Sarah could pay for all the bills is because her parents are rich but she just doesn't like to show it. She rich because her parents both work and are always away on business trips and to make it up to her they always buy her gifts or give her money to spend. Henceforth she could pay the bills with the money her parents gave her.

Sorry for any punctuation or grammar mistakes

Thanks for reading

Its_a_secret95