Chapter 39: Of course Dylan had to be a delinquent

The next morning we woke up to Emma screaming at us to wake up. Something about is getting late.

"Hurry up! You've got to get ready for school! God Ashton you're bloody stupid for inviting Jacob over for dinner on a school night!" She screamed from the stairs.

"Yeah sure mum I'll do it later." Ashton murmured as he wrapped his hands closer around my waist.

"Ashton! Sarah! Wake up NOW! Or else!" Vanessa's voice now emerged into the living room.

"Okay yeah we will," I groaned.

"Ugh." I heard Vanessa say as she walked up towards the curtains pulling the open.

"Keep the curtains closed." I groaned again.

"If you don't wake up in the next 60 seconds I'll make sure that you both wake up with cold water soaked on your faces." Vanessa said and I could almost imagine her rolling her eyes.

Almost instantly I shot up out of Ashton's arms and woke up.

"Glad to see you're awake. Now go wake that thing up." Vanessa motioned towards Ashton who was now sprawled out across the sofa snoring loudly.

Ugh good luck to me.

-.-.-.-

"So how was the dinner with lover boy?" Blake asked us as we all walked in to school together.

"It was just brilliant. He nearly shat himself three times when he spoke but after a while he loosened up." Ashton snickered.

Blake and Ian laughed too at Ashton as Vanessa joined us with Jacob.

"So what's so funny?" Vanessa asked curiously.

"Nothing. Blake was just telling us that this girl blew him off. Not a shocker but it was funny seeing his face when he got rejected." Ian smirked.

"Oh haha she's just playing hard to get. I'll probably get at least one date with her before the end of next week." Blake rolled his eyes.

"Yeah you said that last time that you'll get a date with her by the end of the week but it never happened." I snorted at Blake.

"Oh trust me I mean it this time. I'm not going to leave her alone until she says yes." Blake said determined.

"Blake have you ever thought of I don't know, umm get the hint maybe? If she says no to going on a date with you, it sometimes tends to mean that she's not interested." Ashton laughed as we approached Ian's locker.

"Shut up Ashton. She likes me. I know she does. She's just a little shy. I'll get her to warm up to me soon." Blake laughed.

"Well guys I'm going to go find her now." Blake said.

"Wait. What's her name anyway?" Ian asked as he shut his locker.

"Oh did I not tell you guys that? She's called Layla." Blake smiled suddenly thinking about something whilst looking into thin air.

Ashton followed his gaze looking to wherever Blake was looking.

"What the fuck? Blake what are you looking at?" Ashton laughed as he slapped the back on Blake's head lightly.

Blake reluctantly looked away from wherever he was watching before glaring at Blake.

"Well if you knew what imagination was you'd know that's what I was doing."

"Dude you just sound horny now." Ian laughed.

We all laughed as Blake just scowled at us.

"Sarah Pierce?" A voice asked.