Chapter 6- Why?

Chapter 6- Why?

When the bell went signalling that the day was over, I thought I'd walk it home. I just needed time to think and after all it takes about half an hour to get to the house walking from school.

I walked out of the building quickly texting Ashton telling him I'm walking home and then plugging my earphones in playing a random song that was on my playlist.

When I got home I opened the door with the key that Emma had gotten made for me quickly running up the stairs to take a nice hot bath.

When I was done I wrapped a towel around myself and running in my room.

I decided to where an oversized baggy T-shirt with some shorts. I was around the house anyway.

Vanessa brought me the shorts as well as some other stuff which I haven't quite worn yet.

Maybe I should wear more of the new clothes vanessa brought me. I thought to myself.

I left my hair out letting it air dry.

When I was done I decided to do some homework seeing as I was starting to lack more in my curriculum.

After finishing my homework I did extra work for all my subjects.

Smiling, satisfied with myself I ran downstairs to the kitchen to fix myself a Sarah surprise.

I quickly gobbled it down before anyone came so I wouldn't have to share with them or let them in on my Sarah surprise recipe.

Just as I was taking the last bite, the door opened

"Mum! I'm home!" Ashton screamed as he walked in and started to make his way to the kitchen.

I quickly got up washing the plate I used.

"You look... Different." Ashton said tilting his head to the side staring directly at my legs with his eyebrows creased.

"I can umm I can go change if you w-w-want." I stuttered nervously.

Ashton quickly shook his head taking his eyes off my legs and looking at me in the eyes.

"No its fine. Leave it on. You look nice. I mean it suits you-" Ashton chuckled nervously before opening the fridge.

I smiled at him before walking into the other room switching the t.v on.

I wasn't watching anything in particular when Ashton walked in and sat down next to me switching the t.v off with the remote.

"So um I just want to say that I'm sorry about lunch today. I didn't mean to scare you." He said looking at me again.

"Its fine Ashton," I smiled at him.

"Can you just answer my one question?" He asked

I nodded silently waiting for him to carry on.

"Its just Vanessa is my baby sister. I'd do anything to protect her and to keep her safe. So why was she crying today?" Ashton asked calmly.

I sighed saying

"Promise you won't get mad or anything?"

He clenched his jaw and said "I'm not making any promises princess but I'll try my best,"

I decided to tell him she was his little sister. I once again sighed telling him the story of how Caleb got bored and cheated on Vanessa with Jade.

By the time I was finished I looked towards Ashton and saw him claenching his jaw so hard I was scared that it might break.

"Ashton..?" I called softly.

"Ashton?" I asked again

No reply.

Deciding to give Ashton a little space I quickly and quietly ran up the stairs to my room.

Did I just make the right decision telling Ashton or not?