Chapter 31: If I ever see him, I'll kill him for breaking your heart.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey Sarah are your parents home?" He asked, his voice raspy and he sounded really upset almost as if he had been crying.

"No,"

"Open the front door I'm coming in," His voice shook, demandingly still as though he had been crying.

I ran downstairs quickly opening the door to see Dylan, tears in his eyes and they were all red.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He shook his head walking into the house.

"It's nothing it's just I've got a lot going on right now," He replied walking into the front room sitting down.

"Well you know it's better to share your problems with someone rather than keeping them bottled up," I replied gently squeezing his hand.

He looked up at me and smiled slightly telling me to sit down.

"One of the things I love about you the most is I can share anything with you," I smiled back.

"Now, care to tell me your problem?" I asked.

"Well it all started about a week ago. Mum and dad always have fights and arguments and all that- usually it's about bills but last week it was about something else. I didn't really know what about till today,"

"I came home after I dropped you off after school and I saw all these letters. They were scattered everywhere on the coffee table. I was so confused till I read them all," He paused looking up at me tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

"I read them and they were all addressed to my mum. About some chemotherapy appointments that she missed and needs to reschedule." He sobbed hugging me.

"So that was the day I found out about Dylan's mum. It was also the first day that Dylan had actually opened up to me about his family." I said back in reality playing with Ashton's hand.

"What do you mean?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"Well with Dylan he would never talk to me about his personal life- it would always be about his friends or me or him. Never family." I sighed.

I heard Ashton sigh as well.

"Sarah?"

"Hmm?"

"Did you go to a different school before or something?"

"Oh yeah, before I came to this one I went to the other one across town,"

"The one Vanessa used to go to?" Ashton asked.

I nodded in reply.

"So what happened after that?"

"Well once he told me he just started crying and letting it all out. But then the next day was school again and word had started to spread round that me and Dylan were together. I thought it was Alice that had spread it and other rumours to get back at me but I was wrong." I sighed.