Chapter 19: It was just us. No one else.

"What?!"

I blurted out.

Everyone around me just stared at me. Ashton looked really mad at Blake and once again he was glaring at him fiercely.

"Princess you don't have to do anything you don't want to."

Ashton said pretty calmly but was still intensely glaring.

I just smiled at him immediately locking my eyes with his. I don't know what came over me then so I just said

"No! I mean it's just a game. I don't want to ruin it."

"There's the spirit Sarah." Ian grinned.

For some reason Ashton had a grin on his face too.

I stood up and walked towards him so we were directly in front of each other.

I stood frozen in my place as Ashton brought his face closer to mine.

This is it Sarah, it's not like them other kisses on the cheek that he gave.

My heart was beating really fast and my palms were starting to get really sweaty.

Our noses were touching and our lips were so close together that if one us said even a syllable, our lips would brush against each other.

I was trying to concentrate on my breathing and the fact that I was just about to kiss Ashton.

Ashton.

It was Ashton! The guy who I like!

Surely I should be feeling ecstatic but right now, I don't.

What if my breath smells? What if he doesn't think I'm a good kisser?

"Just enjoy the moment," He whispered brushing his lips against mine as he finally connected them.

At that moment all my worries disappeared. At that moment the rest of the guys around us didn't matter.

It was just us. No one else.

I felt Ashton wrap his arms around my waist as our lips moved in sync and my hands automatically wrapped themselves around his neck and then running them through his soft hair.

I swear I felt the butterflies in my stomach explode into fireworks at that moment.

He was a really good kisser.

"Hello guys? Your minute had finished five minutes ago!"

Lisa laughed bringing us back down to Earth resulting in everyone else laughing.

"Dude that was not even a kiss," Ian laughed.

"Yeah it was more like an R rated make out session," Blake joined in.

"Eww guys that's my brother," Vanessa groaned covering her eyes.

Me and Ashton just pulled away from each other. I went back to my place trying to avoid his eyes.

I don't know what compelled me to look at them though because when I did, he was already staring.

His lips were a little red and swollen and his hair was really messy. You couldn't miss the big smile that was plastered on his face though.

The game then continued when the bottle spun and pointed at Ashton.

"Truth or Dare?" Ian asked rubbing his hands together like a madman.

"Because it's you I pick Truth." Ashton responded in a noticeably good mood grinning.

"How was the kiss with Sarah?" Ian asked.

Then the whole room felt as though everything was frozen. No one moved even an inch as everyone waited for his answer.

I felt my heart beat pick up like it did before when we were about to kiss.

"She's a good kisser any guy would be lucky." He winked at me and smiled.

I tried to hide the smile on my face but it was impossible. I felt the heat rise up to my cheeks as Ian and Blake slapped Ashton on the back as though they were congratulating him.

"Eww Ashton! Keep it legal, your sister is still here," Vanessa groaned.

The game then carried on but I couldn't help but let my mind wonder back to the kiss.

When it happened, it felt as though nothing else mattered. All the worries, everything disappeared.

Dylan.

That name didn't matter to me when we kissed.

It should have though.

But it never.