44 | a moment to last forever

Malvika :

I slowly sat up, holding my head.

"Raj..", my voice was just a whisper.
There was no reply.
I looked around, it was dark.
Was there a power cut?

Ugh.

But how could he leave me alone?
He never did.
Even when he hated me he'd take me home with him.

I slowly stood up.

I sighed as I pulled myself out of the cabin.
How would I even go back home?
I didn't get my car today.

It was dark, and I suddenly felt a fear rise.
I was never afraid of the dark, but now it just seemed scary.
Was this some kind of a side effect of pregnancy?

"Vanraj..", I whispered, in hope he'd be there.
I suddenly heard footsteps, the fear just increased.
"Who is it?", I asked, I heard the slight tremble in my tone.

"Can you turn on the light?", I asked, but the footsteps advanced towards me.
I took a step back when I felt hands wrap around my wrist.

I immediately recognised it.

"Raj!", I said in a relief as I wrapped my arms around him, tightly.
I could hear his familiar heartbeat and breathing.
"Rose, it's me.", He whispered, I felt his finger comfortingly lining the side of my face.
"Thank God.. I was so scared.", I whispered, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I thought you loved the darkness.", He whispered.
"I-I do.. I don't know why but lately it's been different.", I whispered back, hugging him tighter.

Just then the lights came back.
I glanced up at him.
His eyes looked red, like he had suppressed an immense amount of pain.

Before I could ask, he turned away.

"Where were both of you?! First your Dad and now you two!", Vanshi was angry like an angry bird as she set the table.

Adi sat casually watching his favourite serial with a bowl of salad and mayonnaise.
"Adi if you don't shut that thing off I will break it.", Vanshi shot at him.
Vanraj and I sat back at the table.
She had served the dinner.

"What's happened Vanshi? Why are you so annoyed?", I asked as she sat back opposite us.
"This man. I can't believe he's a grown up man. He doesn't remember his medicines on time and on being told to drink the bitter syrups throws a tantrum.", She said, like an exasperated mother.

"Papa, is that Uska Pati Sirf Mera Hai?", Vanraj asked with a raised brow.
"Yes! And today the hero finally confeses why he went to live with the vamp!", Adi replied with next level enthusiasm.
Vanraj immediately picked his plate of food and ran down to sit beside his father.

"Rathore men being telly addicts is probably genetic.", I said smiling at the excited duo, discussing deeply and watching.

"Ah, but they are annoyingly adorable, aren't they?", Vanshi asked looking back at Adi with a smile of admiration.
"That they are..", I replied smiling away.