Kimmy's placement back with Erin and Jay put on hold!!

It was morning, Jay and Erin were hopefully getting their baby girl back today, until something changed that.

"Baby, can you answer my phone?" Jay asked from the bathroom.

Erin wandered out of the walk in closet, and replied to Jay.

"Of course babe." Erin called back, and picked up his phone to answer.

"Halstead's phone." Erin replied, as she placed it on loud.

"Oh, Hi is Mr Jay Jason Halstead available?" The lady asked.

"No, he's busy at the moment, but I'm his wife, and anything he would tell you, he would tell to me." Erin explained.

"Okay, it's regarding your daughter Kimberley - Kiara L-." Erin interrupted.

"I know my baby girl's name, now what's happened to her?" Erin asked.

"I'm very sorry Ma'am, but her placement to be back with you and your husband, has been placed on hold. The lady explained.

Jay exited from the bathroom, and joined his frustrated wife on the bed.

"W-What do you mean put on hold, she's meant to be with us, we have permeant custody of her." Erin argued.

"I know this isn't the news you wanted to hear, we are going to send one of our workers to come speak to you about more information regarding this case." The Lady replied.

Jay had tears dripping down his face, he thought he was finally going to be able to hold his baby girl.

"O-Okay. Erin sniffled.

"I'm really sorry, any more questions please don't hesitate to call me." The lady replied.

"Yeah, thanks." Erin replied, as she ended the call.

Erin broke down into tears, and Jay gathered her in his arms.

"I-I, t-t-thought t-t-today w-w-was g-g-gonna b-be the d-day I-I could hold my baby girl." Erin sobbed.

"I-I know baby, I thought it was gonna be it too, let's get dressed, and go to work, to take our minds off it. Jay suggested softly, as he kissed her temple.

"I'm staying here." Erin stated.

"But baby you-. Jay started but got cut off by a sob.

"I Said I'm staying here." Erin held a sob in.

Jay was worried for his wife, he needed to go in, he wanted to go in, but he didn't wanna leave his wife.

"Fine, I'm going in, call me if you need me, and I'll be straight back. Jay replied.

"Okay, I love you." Erin wiped the tears across her face.

"I love you too baby." Jay whispered.

Jay kissed her head, and left the room.

Erin picked up Kimmy's blanket, and held it to her chest, and sobbed.

Jay grabbed his badge and gun, and left the house, with a big slam on the door.

Erin heard the slam, this wasn't easy for him, or her either.

Jay made it to his car, and he got in, and just broke down into sobs, he missed his baby girl, he needed his baby girl back in his arms.

Jay wiped his eyes, and drove to the 21st district.

Erin was downstairs, she decided to text Kim about what happened.

Kim 🤍

I won't be in today, stuff happened with Kimmy's placement, Jay's coming in, I think he wants to take his mind off it, can you watch him?