Jay's dad has cancer

It was one morning and Jay was helping Kimmy get dressed, until Jay got a phone call.

"One sec monkey." Jay smiled as he answered the phone. 

"Okay da da." Kimmy babbled. 

"Halstead." Jay replied. 

"Oh hi, Is this Mr Jay Halstead?" The lady asked. 

"Yes, how may I help you?" Jay asked. 

"Your father Pat Halstead, he was brought in for coughing up blood, we did some tests, and It came back as Pancreatic cancer." The lady explained. 

Jay was shocked, he never had a good relationship with his father, even when he was younger, and now his dad has cancer. 

"Umm, w-wow, how long left?" Jay asked, as his eyes built up with tears. 

"To be exact, were talking days at most." The lady spoke. 

Jay didn't even know what to do or say, he just stood there frozen.

"O-Oh, Okay t-thanks." Jay stuttered. 

"No worries sir, very sorry." The lady sighed, and ended the call. 

Jay was frozen in his spot, he didn't hear his little girl babbling to him, it was like he was in a trance.

"Da da." Kimmy whispered. 

Kimmy was worried about her daddy, he would always speak to her, but what she didn't know was what happened on the call. 

"Da da." Kimmy had tears in her eyes, as her daddy didn't talk to her. 

Kimmy got up, and toddled to the stairs, to get her mama. 

Erin was chopping up some bananas, and some strawberries, and noticed her baby girl walking down. 

"Hi Baby girl." Erin smiled, but frowned, as she noticed that her baby girl started crying. 

"Oh sweetie, what's up?" Erin whispered, as she picked Kimmy up. 

"D-Da Da, not twalk two mwe." Kimmy cried, and buried herself in her mama's arms. 

Erin knew Jay wouldn't just ignore his daughter, there was more to it than that. 

"Oh baby girl, I'm sure daddy didn't mean to ignore you, I tell you what, why don't you go in the lounge, and watch whatever you want, and I'll try talking to daddy, yeah?" Erin suggested softly, as she picked up the bananas, and walked to the couch with them, and sat Kimmy down, with a soft kiss on her head.

"Okie Mama." Kimmy smiled, and chewed on Bananas, while watching coco melon.

Erin walked upstairs, and entered the bedroom, to see her husband standing frozen in the middle of the room, phone still in his hand. 

Erin walked to Jay, and gently grabbed the phone out of his hand, and placed it on the table. 

"Baby, it's me." Erin whispered, as she came closer to him. 

Jay shook, but still didn't talk or look at Erin. 

"Jay, it's okay, can you look at me, or tell me your okay." Erin asked, keeping her voice sweet, and soft. 

Jay broke down on the spot, and this made Erin worry. 

"Oh Jay." Erin whispered. 

Erin brought Jay in her arms, and let him curl in on her, while he sobbed.

"Baby, hey what's wrong?" Erin asked. 

"M-My d-dad h-has c-c-cancer." Jay shook. 

Erin knew him and Pat didn't have a nice, loving relationship, and they called him to say that his was dying, this added a lot of worry and stress to Jay's plate. 

"Oh bubba, shush, let it all out sweetie, just let all of it out." Erin soothed, as she rubbed his back. 

Jay broke down more, and after awhile Jay was warn out, then realised that Kimmy was no longer in the room.

"K-Kimmy?" Jay whispered, as he looked for her. 

"She's fine Jay, but she thinks you were ignoring her." Erin looked down. 

Jay's heart snapped, his baby girl thought that he ignored her, he would never do that, he has to make it up to her somehow. 

"I-I would never, ever do that, fuck, I'm such a asshole." Jay closed his eyes. 

"Hey, no your not, why don't we go talk to Kimmy, then you can have a nap, I'll call Hailey and ask her to take Kimmy in with her." Erin smiled. 

"O-Okay." Jay smiled tiredly. 

"Let's go." Erin whispered. 

Jay and Erin walked out of the bedroom, and walked downstairs to see their baby girl. 

Kimmy was watching sponge bob now, eating the rest of her fruit. 

Erin looped an arm round Jay's shoulder, and continued walking down the stairs. 

Kimmy noticed her parents, and smiled. 

"Hi sweetie." Erin smiled, as her and Jay walked to the couch. 

Jay looked down, until Erin elbowed him. 

"Hi Munchkin." Jay smiled.

"Hi da da." Kimmy babbled. 

"Baby girl, I'm so sorry, I would never ignore you, daddy was upset, but now I'm feeling a bit better." Jay smiled sadly. 

"It okie da da, mwe know woo'd never do that." Kimmy whispered, and got up to hug her da da.

Jay hugged her tightly, glad that they sorted it out.

After awhile Jay, Erin, and Kimmy were watching a movie, and Erin noticed Jay's eyes starting to droop.

"Baby, hey lie down." Erin whispered. 

Jay nodded, and lied down on Erin's lap, while she brushed her fingers through his hair. 

Jay relaxed into the feeling, and slowly closed his eyes, and soon It was dreamland. 

Kimmy noticed her daddy sleeping on her Mama's lap, and was confused as to why. 

"Mama, is da da okie? Kimmy asked. 

"Yeah sweets, he's just a bit tired, wanna go get your shoes on, Auntie Hailey will be here in a minute." Erin smiled. 

"Yay." Kimmy whispered, as she got up, and put her shoes on. 

After 5 minutes, Hailey showed up, and took Kimmy. 

"Thanks Hails." Erin smiled, as she scratched Jay's back. 

"No problem Erin." Hailey smiled. 

Hailey walked Kimmy out with her, after Kimmy said goodbye to her mama and da da. 

Jay woke up, and heard that his dad has passed.

"M-My d-dad, I-Is d-dead." Jay croaked out. 

"Oh baby, come here." Erin opened her arms, and Jay cuddled into her chest. 

Hailey dropped Kimmy back home, and they all went to bed, Kimmy sleeping in her cot, and Jay sleeping on Erin's chest. 

Hi My Readers!!

Hope you enjoyed this part!!

Comment, and Vote!!

~ Stay safe 😊