Punk Office | (Part 4)

Link rolled on the bed for the hundredth time that nigh. The bed sheets stick to his skin as he changed position. Everything around him was hot and uncomfortable, and Link whined in pain as his head felt like it was going to explode.

Rhett had come over that night. They hang out till at least 1am as Link felt no near to sleepiness, plus having Rhett there felt too good to spend the time they could be doing something, just sleeping. The tall man had cooked him the best soup he had ever eaten and then some time after, he prepared a good tea. Rhett also had brought his guitar, spending some time singing to Link. The dark haired man closed his eyes for a bit and enjoyed the raspy notes coming out from his partner's mouth. Rhett was good, really good. So Link promised he'd go to the next concert Rhett's band had, making the red haired smile ear to ear. He got excited, talking about how Link would love them, and even promised taking him to the stage. Link felt warm inside, seeing how excited and happy Rhett got, talking about what he loved to do the most.

When Rhett decided to stop singing cause it was getting too late and he didn't want to bother the other people living near to Link, they just lay on the sofa and watched TV. The red haired man passed his fingers through Link's arm, making the other man shiver in pleasure of the gestures. It was that what finally made Link close his eyes in tiredness and drift away into his weird dreams. He barely woke up when he felt someone picking him up and then putting him on a soft mattress and cover him with a well smelling blanket.

Yet now, with difficulty, Link opened his eyes and looked at the bedside table that had the clock, observing 4:08am showing on it. He swallowed, feeling his throat extremely dry. His nose started running but he felt no strength in his arms to lift them up and grab a tissue. The room was mainly dark, just a bit of weak light coming from the almost closed door.

He wondered if Rhett had left after he put him in bed. All his body hoped he didn't because Link felt like he was in trouble and if he was alone, that surely wasn't good.

- Rhett? - he weakly tried to call his friend, but it was obvious that he didn't hear it. Even if he wasn't asleep, the weakness of the sound would only be heard if someone was one meter away from him.

So Link deeply sighed and pulled his arm out of the deadly hot covers and reached for his phone. For a second, he thought the object would fall, but he was capable of grabbing it in time, leaving his heart beating twice as faster.

With the screen a bit blurred, Link quickly found Rhett's number and pressed "call". Nothing happened for some seconds, until a tall silhouette appeared in Link's room. He turned off the phone and Rhett turned on the light on the bedside table, making Link squeeze his eyes for some seconds, then slowly get used to the sudden light.

- What's wrong? Do you need something? - Rhett asked with a worried tone, sitting beside the dark haired boy.

- Search for some medicine in the bathroom's closet... I think I'm feverish... - Link's voice was now a little stronger, the sound still coming out really dry.

Rhett put one of his hands on the smaller man's forehead, as Link closed his eyes with the touch. - Oh my goodness, you're burning! I knew I should've stayed beside you! - he got up. - I'll be back in a second!

- Rhett? - Link called when the tall guy was about to leave the room.

- A cup of water would be nice too, please.

Rhett nodded and hurried to do what Link had asked for. It didn't take him long to find the right pills and fill up a cup with a not too cold water.

He came back into the room and put the stuff on the bedside table, then helped his friend to sit, leaning against the headboard of the bed.

- Here. - he took out a pill and handed it to Link, following the glass of water.