Rhink #36

{No wives}

Rhett looked at the information board at least for the fifth time, making sure that Link's plane had already landed since it was taking him so long to come out from those damn doors.
It has been more than a year that the two best friends haven't seen each other, which was the longest time they haven't been together. Link got offered to travel through some amazing countries in Europe and film some stuff for television, and Rhett was the first person to encourage him to go. Sure they were a duo, yet the proposal was made specifically to Link by his step-brother and it was something that couldn't be refused.
He and Rhett sat down the next day and had a conversation about the topic, storming how would they go on with the show and how would it work. Rhett said he didn't mind doing the episodes alone and that Link could from time to time record a video for the GMM. He said that everything should be fine and that trying new things was always fun and even though he knew it wouldn't be the same without the dark haired man, they both agreed to try it out.
They said their goodbye's in the middle of August. Rhett drove him to the airport and gave Link the biggest and most comfortable hug ever, swearing they could stay like that forever.
The tall blond guy never felt an entire year pass so slowly. He was glad the fans received well the news and the show kept at it usual schedule with a lot new guests and with the crew participating even more. It was fun, but obviously not the same.
He and Link would skype almost every day for the first month of him away yet some time into it and with Link always switching places where to stay, Rhett found himself feeling more than bored and alone at 7pm in his house. He was extremely happy for his best friend but he couldn't lie he wanted Link back. It gave him a whole new perspective on how would be the life without the dark haired and Rhett was glad he had a friend like that.
Link would usually send him post cards from different places he visited, always reminding the tall man he missed him. It made Rhett smile like crazy and he would keep them all on the wall in front of his desk so as he worked, the pictures of beautiful countries Link visited would always be in his eyesight. He sometimes would stop what he was doing and imagine how it would be to walk around those places with his partner. Where they would go, what they would do, the innumerous pictures they would take of each other. It was something lovely to picture. Maybe they'd have the chance to actually do it together one day!
Then finally, after an entire year, Link was coming back and Rhett couldn't be happier. He found himself awake at 7am with butterflies in his stomach and no way to fall asleep again. So the tall man got up and impatiently waited for the hours to pass, looking at the clock more times than usual.
When it was finally time to drive to the airport, the blond found himself more hyper than ever. He carefully drove to the airport even though everything he wanted to do was to sprint through the roads and arrive there as soon as possible, and then calmly walked to the arrivals area, joining a group of people who were also waiting for their family and loved ones to arrive.
The wait seemed to go on forever, his heart skipping a beat every time he saw people coming out from the doors, though none of them was Link and Rhett started to get really impatient, worrying that maybe something happened. Yet it wasn't long until the tall man finally saw that familiar face with a backpack on his back and a trolley behind him. Rhett smiled to himself and walked to a more visible place, waving his hand so Link would notice him. A wide smile filled Link's face when he spotted his best friend.
He walked with quicker steps in Rhett's direction and then stopped a few feet away from the tall one. They looked at each other with a glow in their eyes, feeling only joy running through their bodies.
- Hey there. - Rhett finally broke the silence, making Link smile even more, proving that it was possible.
- Hi. - he answered.
Rhett killed the distance between them and stepped forward, wrapping his arms around the smaller man's body. He slid his arms underneath Link's backpack, closing them tightly around the dark haired man's torso. Link let go of his trolley and hugged Rhett tightly back, wrapping his arms around Rhett's neck. They stood like that for at least one minute, feeling the body of each other in their arms and trying to compensate for an entire year without touching each other.
- You look tanned. - Rhett spoke with a soft voice against Link's hair.
The dark haired chuckled. - A lot of sun by this time in Europe.
They separated and Rhett offered to take Link's bag. He informed the smaller man than he had booked a table at a restaurant for the dinner, so they should hurry up.
Since Link's house was more far away, Rhett decided to drive to his. Link took a nice shower, relaxing a bit from the huge travel he had to do. Even though the dark haired man had slept through most of the time in the plain, he was still exhausted and his body hurt since it isn't that easy to find a comfortable position to sleep on a plane chair, especially if you sat at the middle chair.
After some time resting, they walked out of the house and drove to the restaurant. Link was surprised by how fancy it was, understanding why Rhett advised him to wear his favorite clothes.
He looked around, observing the huge chandeliers and all the mirrors on the ceiling. It had a very calm and even romantic atmosphere. They were sat beside a window with its curtains closed and a candle in the middle of the table.
- You really did an effort with this. - Link giggled as he sat on his chair.
Rhett shrugged. - Thought it would be nice.
- It is very nice.
They ordered their food and a bottle of champagne. Rhett let Link talk for most of the time, carefully listening to his adventures in Paris, Barcelona, London and it really amused him how Link would always add "we should go there one day" at the end of every story. He was happy seeing his friend happy and couldn't stop looking at his partner, filling up with even more joy by the fact that Link was actually there in front of him.
He told Link how excited he was that they would be back to the old routine and that the fans would be beyond happy to have him back. Link smiled with the statement and they toasted with the glass cups full of champagne in their hands.
After the dinner, both of them put the last bit of the amazing drink in their cups and moved to the terrace of the restaurant. It wasn't too big but there also weren't many people. Pretty fairy lights passed above the people, giving the place a more comfortable and warm environment. Beside some small tables and chairs, a couple of black and white puffs laid at a corner with weaker lights and plants around it. Link didn't though twice and let himself fall at one of them, letting Rhett sit right beside him.
They finished their drinks in silence, just observing the people who also decided to spend some time outside. Some of them kissing, other gently talking with each other with their hands locked with their lover's.
- I sense that I'll fall asleep soon. - Link giggled and let his head drop on Rhett's shoulder.
The taller put his arm around Link's shoulders and pulled him even closer. - Do you want to go home?
- We can hang out a bit more. - he shrugged and got nuzzled his head between Rhett's shoulder and neck. The blond shivered with Link's breathing on his neck and leaned in, touching with his nose on Link's.
- Can't believe it has been over a year... - the tall sighed, glad Link till haven't backed away.
- I know right. - the smaller smiled. - Did it pass quickly for you?
Rhett negatively shook his head. - Painfully slowly. For you?
- Way too slowly.
- I missed you.
- I missed you too. - Link got even closer. - Way more than I thought I would.
The blond chuckled. - Auch?
- Come here. - Link's hand touched Rhett's beard, feeling it gently stinging the tips of his fingers as he pulled Rhett in for a kiss.
The taller felt his insides explode with the amazing feeling of touching Link's lips again, especially after so much time away from each other. The dark haired was probably the best kisser Rhett had ever met and the fact that he could experience that from time to time made him feel very lucky. They tried not to give in too much in this type of stuff, valuing their friendship over everything else, but both of them would always slip up. And they were glad they did.
Link let Rhett's tongue gently slide into his mouth, lowly moaning with the amazing French kiss that the taller got into. He felt Rhett's arm tighten around his shoulders and his head touch the puff, letting Rhett block the view of the other people to what was going on between them. The other hand of the taller man softly squeezed Link's waist while both of Link's hands cupped Rhett's face.
Their mouths worked together in perfect and sexily slow rhythm as their tongues knew each other's better than anyone else. After a while, Link pulled Rhett slightly away, feeling breathless.
- Should we go home now? - Rhett smirked.
Link pulled his glasses a bit more up. - Probably yes. - he answered, pulling Rhett into another sweet kiss before both of them got up.

A/N: Hi guys! Sorry for quite a crappy update *sigh*. Important: I won't be able to update for at least a week since a friend of mine is coming to visit me and will stay at my house for some days. Though I think it will be a good pause and hopefully I'll come back more inspired and will give you better updates :)
P.S.: Can we take a second and talk about yesterdays episode? Because that was pure blessing! All the flirtiness and cuteness and eye contact and oh so many feels of dom link and sub rhett (and vice versa too)!!!!