Memories | (Part 3)

Link was kept at the hospital for two more days until Doctor Stella finally gave him the permission for him to go home, making the dark haired man feeling happier. The white walls and the monotonous environment made him feel tired, even though he'd spend most of his days lying on the bed. He could swear he was starting to get a cold just from being there, so he was really glad he finally could leave.

- You have everything you need, love? - Jessie kindly asked as Rhett put one last shirt into his bag.
The tall man sighed and looked around. - Yes, I think so. It's not like I'm going to the other side of the country, Jess. I'll come here every day. - he nicely smiled and pulled his wife closer, wrapping his strong arms around her.
- Maybe it won't be the best for him to go from one side to another.
- It will definitely be good for him to come here after some therapy sessions.
Jessie sighed and looked at Rhett. - Do you think he'll recover?
- Maybe not everything, but I'm confident he'll remember the most of them. It will be fine. - he gave her a quick kiss.
- Christy saw you both sleeping on his bed. - she gave Rhett a smile.
- Oh... Yeah, he had a nightmare and asked me to lie beside him.
- That was sweet of you. - Jessie's smile was turning more into a smirk and Rhett felt a bit confused.
- I don't like seeing him like that... - he let go of his wife and closed his back.
- You know, to Link, you're a completely new person. He's a new person to himself even. It's like he's forming who he is, all over again. - she started and Rhett sat on the bed. Jessie was still smiling as she stopped in front of him and played with his hoodie strings. - You're a gorgeous man. And you are always there for him, being nice.
Rhett knew where she was going, awakening those forbidden by him feelings that were laying in the very deep of his body. He made a rigid decision to ignore them, burry them and not let them go out not even for a second. Yet with these words, with what seemed to be Jessie's consent, he wasn't able to hold back that cold funny feeling in his stomach. - What are you saying? - he tried to breathe regularly and looked up.
- I'm saying that I love you and if something happens, it's okay. - she gave Rhett another kiss on the lips and then let him go.
The blond man decided not to let the conversation go further. He grabbed his backpack and said goodbye to Jessie with a kiss on the top of her head. And after hugging the kids and giving Christy a comforting smile, the tall man left the house.
The way to the hospital seemed longer than it ever was. If anything happens. Nothing would happen. Nothing could happen.

- - -

Rhett found his comfort on the couch in front ofthe TV. He was glad Link was finally in a more familiar environment and for the first time Rhett finally was more positive about his friend starting to remember stuff. The therapist and the pills had to help because they were the last hope Rhett had.
The tall man looked at the coffee table and observed a small pile of letters that lay there. The crew sent them and Rhett confirmed he'd make sure Link saw them. All the guys were going crazy worried about the whole situation, and Rhett didn'teven want to imagine how the fans were, since he hadn't checked his social media in a while, but he also wasn't up for all the confusion. Not yet. With that, the tall man made a mental note to later post a picture or something, to calm down the worrying.
The blond gave his attention to the TV, skipping randomly through the channels in hope to find something proper to watch, but apparently nothing very good passed on there at 4pm so Rhett just watched a cooking show. The food on the screen made his stomach let out a noise.
Suddenly, the tall man heard a scream coming from the other floor of the house. His body immediately reacted and he sprinted through the stairs as another crying "Rhett!" echoed through the house. He ran into Link's room and then opened the bathroom door. There, Link's skinny body was sat on the floor as his back pressed against the cold wall of the small room. He let out small sniffs as his shaky hands pressed against his chest. His wet hair let the drops of water mix with Link's tears.
- What's wrong? Link, what's wrong? - Rhett kneeled in front of his friend and grabbed the dark haired man's cold hands, embracing them with his warm ones.
- I walked out of the shower and... and realized I didn't have a towel... so I tried to remember where they were, but my head is blank! I thought they'd be in the drawer here... but they aren't and I just can't remember! - Link's voice cracked at the last words, making Rhett's heart shatter.
- Hey...Link hey! - the tall man grabbed Link's face, making him look at him. The blue in Link's eyes was lighter than ever, making Rhett swallow loudly. - It's okay, yeah? Someone just took them from here because they are usually here. - he forced a smile. - It's fine buddy, don't worry. I'm going to bring you a towel, alright?
Link nodded and cleaned his eyes with the back of his hand. Rhett forced another smile and quickly made his way to the bedroom, taking off a big soft white towel from the closet. He was amazed about how familiar he was with Link'shouse.
- Here. -Rhett spoke with a soft voice and took one of Link's hands to help him get up. He noticed that his friends body got a bit skinnier, probably because the food at the hospital was crap and Link ate very little of it.
Rhett threw the towel on Link's shoulders, wrapping his back in it and with that, he felt Link's arms close around his torso. The front part of his shirt started toget soaked since Link was still pretty wet. But Rhett didn't complain and embraced his friend back.
- Hey buddy, c'mon. Let's clean you up and then make a pizza, how does that sound? -Rhett asked with a warm tone in his voice.
Link raisedhis head and looked at his friend. - Awesome. - his voice was a bit weak and Rhett let him hug his body for a couple more seconds, letting his friend recover from the panic that just passed through his body. When Link's breathing seemed to come back to normal and his sniffs basically vanished, Rhett sweetly smiled at him and continued to dry his partner, making sure he didn't miss any spot on his back and chest. This felt strange, but at the same time natural... Until Link decided shake his head, sprinkling Rhett with the wetness of his hair!
- Hey! -the tall man put his hands in front of him as Link giggled.
- I thinkI have some canine instincts.
Rhett laughed and threw the towel on Link's head, making the other laugh even more. The bearded man fidgeted the towel on Link's head and then revealed his partner's face, completely melting with the adorable face the other was making. He was half smiling, revealing his bottom 'kitty teeth', like everyone liked to call them.
- I think you're more of a kitten. - Rhett smiled and one of his fingers lightly passed on the tip of Link's nose, making the other smile even more. - C'mon now. Let's dress you up. - The taller said and removed the towel from his friend's body.
-Completely forgot about the fact that I'm naked in front of you. - Link said with a more shy voice while Rhett turned away to hang the towel. He felt his cheeks warm up a bit, also realizing it. Jessie's words ran through his mind but he quickly shook them away.
- It's fine. - Rhett answered, pretending to be busy with the towel.
- Thank you.
- For what? - the tall man turned around and faced his friend, observing his vulnerable position. Link's body seemed so fragile.
- For being so nice... And everything. - the dark haired guy looked down at his feet.
Rhett approached him and gave him a soft kiss on the top of his head. - Go pick up some clothes from the closet. The pizza is really calling for me.
Link smiled at the taller man and quickly left the room.

A/N: Please make a petition for me to stop try harding with these... I hope this is good enough for you guys, because my emotions are confused... But then it might be the secondary effect of lack of sleep as I only slept 2 hours today and spent the day walking under the sun all day. *shrugs and deeply sighs* I hope you enjoy this, folks!  As usual, let me know what you think!

P.S.: peeps I don't know what happened there, but everything is fine now. Sorry you had to read it with a bunch of "typo's" ugh :(