16. Morning After

The sun fell at your naked body, warming you up. It forced you to open your eyes. Your eyes were heavy, it required strength to keep them open. You tried to sort yourself out. You quickly realized you were naked and grabbed the duvet and wrapped it around your body. You took a deep breath. You could still feel the adrenalin in your body, but you couldn't gather where it came from. It made you insane. You closed your eyes and tried to remember. You weren't drunk, however your memories were suppressed. You opened your eyes again, trying to recollect what was happening one more time.

You were in Steve's apartment. You stomach dropped as you desperately searched for him beside you. It was empty. No one was here. Somehow, that made you feel at ease. You didn't have to face him right away. You could sneak out. You tried to look for your own clothes, but you couldn't find them. Fuck, you had to get creative. You opened up Steve's cabinets to trying to find clothes you could steal. You found some suit pants and a white shirt. It was way too big for you, but you tried to seal the deal with a belt, and folding up the pants. You looked at yourself in the mirror, you looked like a mess.

"Where do you think you're going?" Someone appeared from the door. You jumped to the side, It was Steve leaning up against the door, his arms crossed. He wore his Captain America suit, clearly on his way for an actual mission.

"Fuck Steve!" You yelled in fear.

He began to laugh. You couldn't believe him.

"I'm leaving, I have... work," You huffed as you put your hairs behind your ears. As you stormed off towards the door. Before you could walk past it, Steve grabbed your hand wrist. He didn't say anything, just kept you there locked. You looked up at him in shock, as you tried to twist your hand out of his control. He lifted your hand up above your head, forcing you to face him with your whole body in the door frame. A smirk appeared on his face.

"Work?," Steve said, trying to force you to look at him, but he could see that your eyes ran everywhere beside his face.

"Look at me," he demanded.

You shook your head, still not looking up at him.

"You don't get answers staring at the wall, look at me," Steve repeated.

You gave in.

His eyes were dark, matching his voice. You swallowed low. His eyes were intense, graving in to your soul. He took his other hand on your chin, before leaning down, his lips almost touching yours, as a friendly reminder of his touch.

"You have work?" He repeated, curious to see where you're lies would guide you this time.

You nodded.

"Where?" Steve asked, obviously not believing you.

Now, Steve was a smart man, you knew that, but you also had learned how to trick him. Of course you didn't have work right now, but you could've. You tightening your lips trying to gather yourself. You knew what he was trying to do. He wanted to trick you in to admitting defeat, but you had too much will power for that kind of lazy attitude.

"I still have my own network," you said, looking him coldly in the eyes.

Steve stepped back, let go of your hand as he crossed his arms. He scanned you, bottom to the top. For some reason, he believed you. At the same time, if you were speaking the truth he was incredibly disappointed in you. Perhaps that's why he believed you, because it was easy to believe you would disappoint him.

"What kind of clie-" Steve was about to say before you shut him down mid-sentence.

"I'm not obligated to tell my professor who my clients are," you said placing your hands on your hips, trying to establish some form of dominance.