42. New Home

"Where are we going?" You asked.

Steve stopped and looked down at you.

"I know you're not taking me to medical," you said lifting your eye brows.

You knew him so well.

Steve opened the door to a large, empty room. It had furniture, like a studio room, however it was nothing on the walls. It was a home without personality. By the look of it, you would assume no one had lived here in a while or perhaps never even been anyone in here. You studied the room. It looked like the other personal rooms for the Avengers, for the times they liked to stay in the mansion.

"This is your new home," Steve said guiding you in.

You froze, was the man insane?

"I live on the campus," you said confused, letting go of his hand.

"Tony's team are packing up your things," Steve rested his hands on his waist. Really? You were going to even make this difficult? Could you ever just say thank you?

You couldn't believe what he just said. What the hell did he tell Tony for him to suddenly give green light to move all your stuff without even checking with you. You were almost started to feel fine, like you could have an open conversation with Steve, but now you had just shut the door again. This was not okay, and this was not you being dramatic. It wasn't right.

"You cannot just move my entire life, without even asking me," You said frustrated waving your hand at him frustrated, trying to keep yourself together because you knew he would get irritated at you if you were being 'dramatic.'

"Steve, I have a life beside you, beside the Avengers. Jesus Christ, it going to take me an hour just to get to my classes from he-" You turned away staring at the wall not to get angry at him.

"You don't need to worry about that anymore," Steve shoot in, cutting you off.

"What?" You rested your hands on your hips, taking a deep breath.

"We have chosen to graduate you early and bring you in on our team... Welcome to the Avengers," he said, letting his hands fall down.

You immediately turned around looking at him, to see if he was being serious. He was being damn serious. It was no hint of him joking or tricking you. Being on the team for a mission was one thing. You were here because hacking was your expertise, nothing else. You had not signed up to be on this team permanently. Tony and Steve for that sake knew very well how you felt about this group, and it wasn't something you wanted to take part in. You either wanted to go solo or join a team like Coulson's. Not a team of superheroes, you wanted to be grounded. Steve had taken that choice away from you.

"Why?" you asked him empty.

Steve lifted his chin, looking at you as he walked over to you, carefully holding your hands. You were badly hurt. Your hand was probably broken by the look of it. He needed to take care of it... take care of you. He looked up at you. He could see that you weren't happy, and he didn't think you would be. You didn't like this place or the people, but you were going to learn to like it here. Because here... Steve could keep you safe.

"I will supervise you for two years," he said softly, brushing your arms gently.

"But not being in the academy, being here... takes away some of the pressure about us," he gently lifted your chin, so he was able to see your face properly.

"Pressure?" You asked.

"Rules," He corrected himself.

You shut your eyes as you began to laugh. Of course, he was being a selfish idiot.

"Let me get it clear, me being here makes it more okay for you to fuck me, that's why you did it?" You spoke.

Steve looked at you surprised by how quickly you caught his wit. Steve looked to the side, having to bite his lip to hold back the smirk. He knew this wasn't the right time. You might laugh and smile, but you were hiding your anger. He had to give it to you, hiding your emotions were something you were good at.

"I wouldn't word it that way," Steve said looking back at you, tilting his head.

You nodded your head slowly, letting it be quiet. The silence was like music to your ears.

"How would you word it, Captain?" You asked.

"I'm your supervisor, it's still rules... You still have boyfriend...but I'll move back in the mansion... and you will be here," Steve began.

"It will be easier," Steve finished.

You shut your eyes. You felt ridicules. If people didn't take you serious before, thinking that you weren't truly as good as you were, because of you flirting with the teachers, people were not going to believe you now. Who the hell got their academy moved into the Avengers mansion. Being a part of the team, as well as being trained at the same time. It made no sense, and you could already imagine the rumours.

"Fuck you, Steve"