21. First meeting

"So, your way of making sure we have time for each other, was to team us up?"

Grant laughed, as he asked the question. God, you loved his laugh. Actually, it was many things that you loved about Grant. His smile, the way he carries himself, how protective he was for his people. It was easy to fall for him. You giggled by his words as you let your head fall onto his shoulder. Innocently you grabbed his hand, as you let your fingers run up and down your arms.

"I'll take any excuse to spend time with you," you said looking up at him.

This was nice. Every date with Grant had been nice so far. You could never complain. Did it feel wrong from time to time, with Steve at the back of your head? Yes, it absolutely did. But how could you explain to Grant that you were just... helping out your teacher? That was all. It would never last. It was just your way of communicating with him, but even so, it had to stop.

"I like your new look," Grant said, smiling as he started to play with your fingers.

"Thank you, I think you're the only one," You laughed low, still having the memory of Steve's comments running in your head.

"The others are soon coming back again... Do you want to keep this, wrapped up-" Grant tried to ask as careful and respectful as he possibly could.

"What 'this' are you talking about?" You asked teasingly, fully knowing what exactly he was talking about.

"You know... Like... You...me... You and me?" Grant fumbled his words out, you could hear he was nervous.

"You and me? Grant, they know we exists?" you laughed.

"You know what I mean," Grant finally laughed as he leaned his head back to get a good view of you.

"We're all agents, we have enough things we have to hide in our every day life. We'll be professional, but I won't hide my affection for you," you said, your voice serious.

You leaned your bodies supported by your hands on his shoulder. He lightened up by your words. He wrapped both his hands around you, moving you closer to him. Ever since the first time he laid his eye on you, he understood that he was in for a thrill ride with you. You had something special about you. It was easy to fall for you. It was easy to like you. He had never thought of himself as the giggling type, but you had opened that door for him. He let one hand loose as he placed it under your chin, moving your face closer. He looked down at your lips, before he leaned down for a kiss.

"Oh c'mon, get a room!" Bucky almost shouted as he pushed up the door.

His loud voice made you jump. Of course, Bucky had to make a loud and nauseous entrance. Behind him the rest of the group followed. You distanced yourself from Grant on the couch. Leaving some space, but still holding his hand. You looked up to him with a small smile as you squeezed his hand softly. He gave you a nod. Guess that little break you had given all of them were over.

"Is this how this mission going to go, you cuddling up to S.H.I.E.L.D acting all impartial?" Bucky said crossing his arms as he looked over at Steve and Sam.

No matter how secretive you and Steve had been, you didn't trust that Bucky didn't know things he shouldn't. Maybe that's why he was being so difficult now. However, you couldn't care for what a 100 old soldier had to say now. You stood up, brushed your hands on your skirt and gave him a sly smile.

"Absolutely, I could not care less for what a way past over date, should've been retired soldier has to say about a mission about modern intelligence," you said with a smirk.

"Shots fired," Fatima coughed loud, with laughter filling the room. Even Sam couldn't hold in the laugh.

"Make no mistake, I did not want the Avengers involved in the mission. I do not care for your opinion Bucky," you said, still smiling.