11. Don't let him near

"I hope you realize how nice I am for being here," You mumbled under your breath as your fingers tapped on the laptop in front of you.

"All of my friends are celebrating one month of staying in this ahole of a academy, I'm even missing my date, just to be here," You hissed as the coding began.

"Your exactly where you should be," Steve whispered, standing right behind you, almost hovering over your shoulder to look at what you were doing.

You and Steve found yourself in an apple store, looking like two nerds shopping for their next computer to game on. Steve was wearing a cap and casual clothing, so were you. Though he perhaps were dressed casually, most people should've been able to recognize him. It's not that many men like Steve in the world.

You looked up at Steve, he stood so close that you could smell his perfume again. Ah, it was most definitely a hint of cinnamon in it. You shook your head. This had to stop. You couldn't just smell Steve, it was inappropriate. You needed to build up a distance between you again, but it wasn't easy when he stood this close.

"How long does this take?" Steve asked impatient.

"Ten minutes," You guessed by the look of the algorithm in front of you.

"A group of 8 HYDRA agents are entering the mall, do you want us to engage?" You suddenly heard Sam on the ears, you had almost forgotten that were here.

"You get five," Steve said looking down at you confirming.

"Negative Sam," He added too it.

"The download takes as long as it takes," you said and crossed your arms.

Steve was probably so old that he thought this was all magic. Well, it wasn't. Spells wouldn't work on this thing. It was all math, or most of it. Sometimes it was about gathering clues, but most of the time it was plain math. You had to be smart to do what you were doing. Steve didn't understand that he didn't understand you.

"The HYDRA agents are close," Sam uttered.

"Wait two god damn minutes Captain," you said and clapped his fingers away from the memory stick. You were so close. You wouldn't let him destroy it because of some nerves.

Steve looked down at you surprised. Huh, who did you think you were? One day you're running away from him, and today you're bossing him, thinking you could smack him in place. You were impossible, and though Steve liked that about you, it was also a curse. The only reason he had asked for you to be here was because he didn't want you to go on a date with another man, but he didn't want you to be with HYDRA agents either. This could go south extremely fast, and Steve couldn't live with the fact that he had put you in danger. You needed to go now.

"There, look," you said and pointed at the map that the code had broken into.

Steve looked down at it, clearly not happy about the new information he gathered.

"Did you get the answer you wanted?" You asked, trying to soften up your voice again.

"Not the one I wanted, but the one I needed, C'mon, let's go," Steve said as he grabbed the memory stick in one hand, and your arm in the other, almost causing you to fly with him.

You established yourself on your feet as you walked as quickly as you could down the mall. Had you ever met HYDRA agents before? No... or kind of, but in the digital world so it is safe. This... the field... Wasn't really your cup of tea. You had made it more than clear that you weren't the biggest fan of violence, and yet here you are. If you weren't already tense enough, now you were.

"Two HYDRA Agents are dangerously close, do you want us to engage Steve?" Bitchy Bucky Barnes asked, even just his voice was aggravating to you.

"No, stay back, I'll engage myself," Steve said as the two of you got the eye of the agents a few meters away from you. You dragged Steve back, and curled and arm around his waist, as that was far you could reach.