51. Confessions

"I'm not opening that door," You whispered, your hands forming into fists around the blanket.

Steve laughed low. Was this the moment you were going to act prude? You hadn't done anything but so since the moment you met. He knew you better than you knew yourself. He knew what you wanted, and this... This was a part of your fantasy, even if you liked to admit it or not. He crossed his hands, studying how shallow you looked under the blanket.

"Isn't this what you always wanted?" He lifted his head, walking closer to the door, placing his hand on the doorknob. Steve could sense the anticipating in the air.

"No, I like... I like.." You stumbled, not knowing how to finish the sentence.

You wanted him. You wanted Steve. The words were too heavy to say out loud. Instead, you acted like they were nothing.

"You want me?" Steve said, his words echoing the room.

You nodded.

"Is that why you fooled around with Grant?" He asked, his voice was called.

"I told you, I broke up with him," You stood up, the blanket still around you.

"Ah, because Matthew Murdock made you realise it?" His eyes was dark.

How did he know? You walked up to him. It wasn't how he framed it. He made it sound like you had been running around, and you hadn't. Yes, you had been with Grant. However, Grant treated you nicely, and was far as problematic as what Steve was. Yes, you had kissed Matthew, but it was one God damn kiss. Plus, if it wasn't for that kiss, you would've never been here, with Steve.

"You make me sound like a-" you stopped yourself.

"Say it," Steve demanded, looking straight down at you.

You looked away.

"Look at me and say it." Steve repeated, lifting your chin up forcing you to watch him.

"I'm not that," You insisted.

Steve laughed low as he shook his head. Your stubbornness was your highlight and your downfall. You were so incredibly naïve. He looked back down at you. Oh how he had waited for the opportunity.

"Felt like it when I saw you in between Bucky's legs in his jacket," Steve said.

He didn't forget. You might, but he didn't. The only reason he didn't break the guy's neck, was because it was Bucky. Steve didn't mind sharing with Bucky. However, Steve was done with you acting like you just accidently happen to fall over these situations. You were responsible for it. He wanted you to earn up to it.

"For god sake that was nothing, he borrowed me his jacket because I was full of marks from you!" This time you shamelessly shouted at him. Hitting him as hard as you could to his chest, knowing it had little impact. It was just pure anger.

"Is it so hard to admit?" Steve said, moving the doorknob. He could sense your breath going faster by his touch.

"If I say it, can we stop this!?" You yelled out in annoyance.

Steve smirked as he looked away, giving you a nod before he looked back at you.

You shut your eyes and took a step back. You could not believe that you were about to say what you had to. It was empty words without meaning. If anyone was what you were about to say, it was Steve. He was the one who made you this way. You used to be nothing like this, and now you were suddenly his tool. You took a deep breath and opened your eyes.

"I am a whore," you said, waving your hands frustrated in the air.

Steve studied you as the word fell out of your mouth before he opened the door for Bucky. It was no doubt that he had heard the full word exchange. The walls were not that thick. Steve gave him a slight smile before he closed the door, looking back at a scared you. He slowly walked over to you and kissed your lips gracefully. 

"Now kiss him," Steve said, looking over at Bucky who only stood a meter away.