Chapter 4: Not Quite a Buffet

Int. Shujin Academy – Afternoon

The bell rings for school to end as Akira and Ann are sitting inside of Kawakami's class; the students get up to leave for the day and Akira makes his way towards Mishima to talk to him about the app he wants him to make for the group. Ann leaves with the rest of the students and Kawakami stays behind to pack up her things.

Yuuki Mishima: Oh...did you need something; I was just about to head to the library...

Akira Kurusu: Yeah, you remember how you said that given the opportunity, you may be able to help me; I think I've finally found a way you can help.

Yuuki Mishima: Are you serious?! What...what can I do to help you guys?!

Akira Kurusu: The first thing you can do is speak a tad bit quieter...

Kawakami stares at the two students, overhearing their conversation but, eventually, looks away, not caring enough to worry about what it is that they are discussing.

Yuuki Mishima: Oh...my bad...

Akira Kurusu: Anyways, you said you're pretty good at like...technology and stuff, right...like social media and apps?

Yuuki Mishima: Hell yeah, that stuff is my specialty.

Akira Kurusu: Well, what are the odds you could make an app...an app that can help us find targets?

Yuuki Mishima: Targets?

Akira Kurusu: Those that are just like Kamoshida...those who are doing shitty things to those around them...most importantly, those who need to be stopped.

Yuuki Mishima: Hmmm...I mean, I think I might be able to come up with something but it'll take a week or so, probably. Sorry, making an app from scratch isn't easy.

Akira Kurusu: That's fine...we...we're struggling to find another asshole like Kamoshida to take down...

Yuuki Mishima: So does this mean that the "Phantom Thieves" are sticking around?

Akira Kurusu: For the time being...yeah, that's what that means...try not to make too big of a commotion about it, though. We don't want any of the faculty or staff asking any questions.

Yuuki Mishima: Don't worry, I got you guys; you can count on me.

Wondering why Akira and Mishima haven't left, yet, Kawakami gets involved in the conversation.

Sadayo Kawakami: What are you two doing...school's over...don't you have places to go or something?

Yuuki Mishima: We're...talking about a project that we're working on for another class. We'll be done in a minute.

Sadayo Kawakami: I guess it's not my concern, just hurry the hell up and wrap it up because I can't lock up the classroom until you two are out of it.

Akira Kurusu: We were just finishing; isn't that right, Mishima?

Yuuki Mishima: Oh...yeah, totally.

Akira Kurusu: Here, I'll give you my number; hit me with a text once the app is done, alright? We'll be counting on you.

Yuuki Mishima: You guys...are counting on me? Wow, that's a first...I've never had anyone rely on me before. Oh, do you think Ann would let me see Shiho...I've been giving her space but...I kind of miss talking to her.

Akira Kurusu: I'm sure Ann wouldn't mind...besides, it's not up to her, who Shiho see's and doesn't.

Yuuki Mishima: Alright, I'll go see her and then as soon as I get home, I'll get started.