Chapter 41: I Have the Right to Remain Silent!

Int. Café Leblanc – Evening

Akira makes his way into Leblanc and heads towards the attic but Sojiro stops him.

Sojiro Sakura: Hey kid, how are you holding up?

Akira Kurusu: I'm...fine, I guess.

Sojiro Sakura: Everyone's been talking about that poor kid, who died on Central Street. Be extra careful when you're in that area. I can't afford to have anything happen to you...I mean your parents wouldn't be too pleased with me if you got killed while living here...

Akira Kurusu: Don't worry, I won't be in Shibuya for a while, at least until this stuff settles down.

Sojiro Sakura: Good to hear. Were you close to the kid, who was killed?

Akira Kurusu: Close? Eh, not really. I mean, I knew the guy and he seemed cool but I didn't get to know him too well, before he passed.

Sojiro Sakura: Well, if you need to talk about anything...

Akira Kurusu: Thanks. I'm good, though. I'm probably just going to do some homework and head to bed early tonight.

Akira heads up the stairs to the attic.

Sojiro Sakura: God, as soon as that kid moves here, everything starts going to hell...

Int. Velvet Room – Night

Akira wakes up inside of his jail cell and instead of panicking like he usually does, he calmly gets off of his uncomfortable jail mattress and heads towards the bars of his cell, where the twins and Igor are waiting to speak with him.

Akira Kurusu: What do you guys want this time?

Igor laughs.

Igor: It seems you are finally getting used to waking up in this place.

Akira Kurusu: I'm still not very happy about it but there's not much I can do at this point.

Igor: I have called you here to let you know that one of your bonds that you have formed, has been completely broken.

Akira Kurusu: Broken? Bond? Wait, I had a bond with Mishima?

Justine: That is correct. He was the Moon arcana and with his recent passing, any benefits you could have reaped from his bond have disappeared as well.

Igor: This is truly an interesting turn of events. Although, a game does need conflict in order to be interesting. I sense...a great challenge approaching.

Akira Kurusu: It doesn't matter. We'll deal with it like we always do.

Caroline slams her baton against the bars of the cell, not even phasing Akira.

Caroline: DON'T GET TOO COCKY, INMATE, YOU'LL REGRET IT!

Igor laughs

Igor: So much confidence...watching you this far has been a real treat for me. I believe that the next part of your rehabilitation will be the most interesting part to watch, yet. I should warn you, though. In the future, I would avoid breaking any more of your bonds; remember, they are crucial aspects of your rehabilitation.

Akira Kurusu: I'll try to keep that in mind. Am I done here?

Igor: Yes, that is all. You may return to your world.

Akira makes his way towards the prison mattress. Igor starts laughing as he gets on his mattress and closes his eyes.

Int. Shujin Academy – Afternoon