Chapter 33: You Have to Look the Part

Int. Shujin Academy – Afternoon

The date is now Thursday, June 10th and Ann is walking to the vending machine in the courtyard to get a soda for a between class snack. She overhears two girls talking.

Gossiping Girl # 1: I still can't believe those rumors that are circling around the school.

Gossiping Girl # 2: Oh, are you talking about the one where the majority of the teachers and faculty knew about Mr. Kamoshida's harassment? I even heard that principal Kobayakawa knew and that's why he's not allowing any slander against Mr. Kamoshida.

Gossiping Girl # 1: The worst part is that, apparently, even his fucking lap dog, miss student council president, knew about the abuse and chose to stay silent. Isn't she supposed to be the one protecting the students?

Gossiping Girl # 2: Makoto's always come off as weird to me. The way she doesn't eat or talk to anyone and is just in her own world all the time. Still, how could she know about what was happening to the students, even Shiho, and choose to stay silent about it?

Gossiping Girl # 1: Isn't it obvious? She needs her stupid fucking letter of recommendation from the principal. I swear that's all the girl cares about. As long as she goes to her precious college, she doesn't care who she hurts in the process. Fuck her!

Gossiping Girl # 2: Yeah. I really can't stand her, either. We should probably get back to class.

The two girls walk away as Ann gets her soda that she has purchased from the vending machine and scowls, after hearing what they were talking about.

Ann Takamaki: What the hell is Niijima's problem? And she has the fucking nerve to show up at Shiho's hospital...out of fucking guilt?

Ann storms off, after getting her soda.

Int. Café Leblanc – After School

Akira walks into Leblanc and Sojiro looks up from behind the counter. There are only a couple of customers in the cafe.

Sojiro Sakura: Hey kid, don't get too excited but I actually found a discounted tv at one of the local stores. I picked it up for you and installed it in the attic. Figured it wouldn't hurt to give you something to do up there. Just don't stay up too late watching it, alright? If your grades stop slipping, I'll take the tv back so fast it'll make your head spin.

Akira Kurusu: What's the occasion?

Sojiro Sakura: Well, you've been relatively well behaved since staying here. Your grades have looked solid based on what you have showed me. You're making friends, joining clubs and staying out of trouble. I figured all of those things warranted a little reward. I'm not that cruel, after all.

Akira Kurusu: Thanks. It was getting pretty boring up there. Could it be that you're actually warming up to me?

Sojiro laughs.

Sojiro Sakura: Don't push your luck, kid. Now, hurry and get upstairs. I have customers to take care of.

Akira makes his way upstairs to the attic.

Int. Café Leblanc – Moments Later

Akira places his back pack on his bed and unzips it so Morgana can make his way out of it.

Morgana: Damn, the chief seems to be treating you less like shit. You love to see it.

Akira Kurusu: Yeah, seems like I'm slowly winning him over.

Morgana: Oh, I was going to tell you. I had a brilliant idea today when I was being held hostage in this damn back pack! I think, that as the leader of the Phantom Thieves, you have to look the part.