Chapter 46: Consequences

Int. Niijima Residence – Early Morning

The date is now Friday, June 18th and Sae wakes up on her bed with the blanket on her. She holds her head in discomfort as she tries to remember what happened the night before.

Sae Niijima: Shit, I haven't had a hangover in years. What the hell was I thinking last night?

Sae struggles out of bed and remembers the horrible things that she said to Makoto the night before.

Sae Niijima: Makoto. Shit. How pathetic am I that I take out my frustration on that poor girl.

Sae makes her way out of her room and walks to Makoto's room. She knocks on Makoto's door.

Sae Niijima: Makoto? It's...me.

There's no answer on the other side of the door.

Sae Niijima: I'm...so sorry for what I said last night. I didn't mean any of that at all. I'm very proud of you and just because you're having more fun, that doesn't give me the excuse to be jealous and bitter.

There is still no answer on the other side of the door.

Sae Niijima: You're...still upset. I can't blame you. Hey, when...I get home from work later, do you want to...watch a movie or something like we used to? We haven't hung out together, just the two of us, in so long...

After still not hearing a response, Sae sighs.

Sae Niijima: Right...I better get to work. Have a good day at school, alright? I...love you, Makoto.

Sae walks away from Makoto's room to get ready for work.

Int. Café Leblanc – Morning

Akira is sitting at the counter at Leblanc, eating the curry that Sojiro has made for him for breakfast. Akira keeps checking his phone to see if he has gotten a text from Makoto. Sojiro notices Akira's distress.

Sojiro Sakura: Are you alright, kid? I don't ever think I've seen you so concerned before.

Akira places his phone on the counter.

Akira Kurusu: I'm...just a little worried about someone, that's all.

Sojiro Sakura: Is it that short haired girl that was here the other day?

Akira Kurusu: Huh...uh, yeah. We...sort of had a little fight...I think.

Sojiro laughs.

Sojiro Sakura: Girl trouble, huh? Did you do something to piss her off?

Akira Kurusu: Why do you say that?

Sojiro Sakura: Usually, the man is the one, who does something to piss his partner off. And, half the time, we don't even know what we do wrong. Girls are a strange beast, that's for sure.

Akira Kurusu: Yeah, you can say that, again.

Sojiro Sakura: Eh, she seems like a nice girl, though. Just give her some time and I'm sure she'll come around. I noticed the way she looked at you...she definitely has strong feelings for you.

Akira Kurusu: You some kind of expert on this sort of thing?

Sojiro smiles.

Sojiro Sakura: I guess you could say that I have a bit of experience. To be honest, I still don't know how you even managed to pull her. You must have more charm than I initially thought. Perhaps, you aren't so hopeless, after all. Just, take some advice and don't piss her off again, alright? I don't need you moping around here at night.