Chapter 18: I Can't Believe You Made Another Friend

Int. Café Leblanc – Evening

The setting is now in Leblanc's attic, where Akira sleeps; Akira and Morgana are sitting on his bed while the others are spread out throughout the room. Yusuke studies the room, curiously. Akira speaks to Morgana, quietly.

Akira Kurusu: Morgana, next time you want to invite an entire group of people to this place, how about you give me a heads up, alright? I mean,6 I sleep here...

Morgana: What...why? Do you need time to hide your porn magazines or something?

Ann Takamaki: I don't know what it is but this room always feels so cozy when I'm here. It's kind of nice.

Ryuji Sakamoto: It's literally an attic...not to be mean but it's kind of creepy, dude. If you ever invite a girl over for a date, she's going to think it's weird. Just a heads up.

Akira Kurusu: I'll keep that in mind.

Yusuke Kitagawa: I have to agree with Ann; there is a very retro feeling to this room. I'm sure tons of artistic motivation arises from being in here, daily.

Akira Kurusu: Artistic motivation?

Morgana: Believe me, there isn't any motivation to be found when it's just this fool here...he literally just sits on his bed and stares at a wall some nights...

Yusuke Kitagawa: So, after discussing it with you all, I feel like I have a better understanding of how this Metaverse functions. The museum was a..."palace", correct? And you four travel to these palaces to steal a treasure and by doing so, it allows you to change the behavior of people in the real world. It sounds like a made-up tale but after seeing it myself, I have no choice but to accept it.

Ann Takamaki: I feel kind of bad for the way that we handled things. To be honest, we're kind of new at this. We've only infiltrated one person's palace so far...

Yusuke Kitagawa: And who was it, if you don't mind my asking?

Ann Takamaki: The gym teacher at our school, Kamoshida.

Yusuke Kitagawa: Suguru Kamoshida? I remember seeing him on the news; apparently, he confessed that he was abusing and sexually harassing students. So you four only target those who deserve it; am I correct with that assumption?

Ryuji Sakamoto: Yep, that's what the "Phantom Thieves" are all about.

Yusuke Kitagawa: The "Phantom Thieves"...is that the name of your club?

Morgana: A club makes it sound kind of lame...it's more of a bad ass organization. Kind of like "The Avengers"...or "The Great Value Avengers," if you will.

Yusuke Kitagawa: Such a noble goal, trying to change the hearts of evildoers...hmm...I've finally decided.

Akira Kurusu: Decided?

Yusuke Kitagawa: I wish to join the "Phantom Thieves" and assist you all in stealing the treasure in Madarame's palace.

Akira Kurusu: I mean, you do have the same power as the rest of us, now...what do you guys think?

Morgana: I mean he seemed hella capable...if he was able to perform that well right after an awakening, I can only imagine how powerful he will be if he's well rested.

Ryuji Sakamoto: You won't get any disagreement from me but...uh...you're going to have to let this whole painting Ann nude thing go, alright?

Yusuke Kitagawa: But...it was going to be my masterpiece...I'm sure Ann feels differently!