Chapter 24: The Grand Scheme

Int. Madarame's Museum – After School

The date is now Monday, May 31st, meaning that there are four days until Madarame takes legal action against Ann and Yusuke; the team make their way into the final area of the palace.

Ryuji Sakamoto: Shit, how big is this palace; it seems like a hell of a lot bigger than Kamoshida's.

Ann Takamaki: We have to be getting close; it feels like we've been at it forever.

The team makes their way forward and they hear voices coming from in front of them and lean against a wall, outside of a room where Shadow Madarame is surrounded by security guards. Yusuke notices that, behind him, is a floating orb with a distorted shape, that is surrounded by infrared lasers. Yusuke speaks, quietly.

Yusuke Kitagawa: Look, is that the treasure?

Akira peeks, briefly, from behind the wall and sees the floating orb behind the infrared lasers as well.

Akira Kurusu: Yep, that's what it looked like in Kamoshida's.

Ann Takamaki: Does that mean we're done?

Morgana: Not necessarily, we may have found where the treasure is but take a closer look. What the hell are we going to do about those infrared lasers?

Akira Kurusu: We have to find a way to take care of the lasers, first, and then we can move on to sending the calling card. Let's explore this area and see if we can find something.

Akira looks around him and notices that there are two paths that the group can potentially take.

Akira Kurusu: It would save us a hell of a lot of time if we split up. Skull, Mona and I will go right while Fox and Panther will go left. We'll rendezvous back here when we're finished and each of us will discuss what we find.

Yusuke Kitagawa: Sounds like a good plan.

Ryuji Sakamoto: Uh, can Yu...Fox and I switch places? I was hoping I could...

Morgana: You really gonna play that fucking card right now?

Ryuji Sakamoto: I don't want to hear a damn thing after how stupid you were acting when we were in the paintings.

Morgana: Shit, at least, I have class when I try to make my moves. You could learn a thing or two.

Akira Kurusu: Both of you just shut the hell up; you're both being petty.

Morgana: Frizzy-hair, how could you say something so mean?

Ann Takamaki: We'll get going.

Ann and Yusuke make their way to the left while Akira, Ryuji and Morgana make their way right.

Int. Madarame's Museum – After School

The scene takes place in a large room that has an open window that leads to the support beams hanging from the ceiling of the room where the treasure is. Akira, Ryuji and Morgana make their way into the room. Morgana notices a switch that can be pulled in the corner of the room.

Morgana: Hey, I think I found something. You think this switch controls the lasers?

Ryuji Sakamoto: It's definitely possible...how are we going to know for sure, though?

Akira Kurusu: Mona, you see that window up there? Make your way onto one of the support beams and let us know if the lasers turn off when we pull this switch.

Morgana: Leave it me; I got cat-like reflexes after all.

Ryuji Sakamoto: I mean, that would make sense since you're a cat...